NS2 Windowed + Dxtory

RyneRyne Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147408Members, NS2 Map Tester
Dxtory is a program a lot of streamers use to sit inbetween XSplit and the game, providing a more efficient method of capture that can save FPS (e.g. usually get 20 FPS streaming NS2, get 25 when using Dxtory).

However, NS2 seems to be the only game where Dxtory does not work when the game is in windowed mode....it works in full screen.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Any way for me to provide better diagnostic info?

Thanks,

Ryne

Comments

• XeiZXeiZ Join Date: 2012-04-13 Member: 150384Members
    This would be really good for the streaming scene. Xsplits gamesource is still inferior to dxtory and i dont think it will change anytime soon since the xsplit team knows about dxtory and their performance since long ago.

Also it´s strange that ns2 is basically the only game that wont work in windowed mode with dxtory, so something probably is wrong or rather different than normal windowed modes?
  • ChlamydiaChlamydia Join Date: 2012-06-01 Member: 152844Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    +1

Have the same issue and no idea how to fix :(
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Frankly, this is something that should probably be asked on the Dxtory forums. I'd love for NS2 to work with Dxtory, but UWE doesn't really have the time to troubleshoot why a third party program doesn't work in windowed mode.
  • RyneRyne Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147408Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1949951:date=Jul 8 2012, 02:38 PM:name=ScardyBob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ScardyBob @ Jul 8 2012, 02:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1949951"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Frankly, this is something that should probably be asked on the Dxtory forums. I'd love for NS2 to work with Dxtory, but UWE doesn't really have the time to troubleshoot why a third party program doesn't work in windowed mode.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

DXtory has worked with every game (in windowed mode) that I've tried it on....except NS2. What do you think the DXTory people will say when I ask them this question? "Go talk to NS2 guys"
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Even if the DXtory guys would say that, it's unlikely the NS2 devs will address this issue any time soon due to time constraints and more pressing matters at hand. Besides, it is a DXtory issue for the most part if their program doesn't work with another program.