Commander Hot Keys

simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
I am not a new player exactly, but I figured this was a help section and maybe others in the future might find this thread useful.

Anyways, I have heard from other players that there is a way, as commander, to append structures/buildings to a hotkey when you are in the command chair. What I am told is that if I click on an observatory (or any structure) and then I press ctrl + 2, that will make my number 2 key automatically select that structure in the future. the number 1 is generally defaulted to the first hive or comm chair I have noticed. My problem is that my ctrl + # never works. Not for alien or marine, no matter what number. Now I have adapted to be an overall good commander despite this, but I feel I could be even better if I could figure out how to make some hotkeys.

I have a hunch that the reason I cannot do this is because I bound my ctrl key to be my mic to talk in game. But I changed it to alt and I was still unable to make these hotkeys in the comm chair. There does not seem to be a way to set these keys in the UI that i've found and I am wondering if anyone has any solutions to this?

Or add any other hidden commander easter eggs (like the space bar automatically bringing you to the next marine who needs meds/ammo).

Comments

• 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    I have long ago given up trying to make sense of what the terrible Comm UI does, since it appears to be completely random.
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    The commander ctrl+# key combination was internally bound to both the crouch and the ctrl key. If I recall correctly, it only works if you bind crouch to your ctrl key. This has been noted as a bug a while ago. I'm not sure when they're going to fix it since they are reworking some of their keybind system anyway.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1947010:date=Jun 27 2012, 11:22 AM:name=Dghelneshi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dghelneshi @ Jun 27 2012, 11:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1947010"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The commander ctrl+# key combination was internally bound to both the crouch and the ctrl key. If I recall correctly, it only works if you bind crouch to your ctrl key. This has been noted as a bug a while ago. I'm not sure when they're going to fix it since they are reworking some of their keybind system anyway.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This.

If you want to be able to ctrl group structures you need to rebind crouch back to ctrl.