Skulk para the cerebral bore

NEX9NEX9 Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44299Members
In my attempt to look at marine turtle countering. And addressing some other possible ways this could be done through the increase on kharaa range attacks. I like to look at the skulk parasite. Right now it marks a marine does a small amount of damage. I can be fired fairly fast. But doing so really is a high risk reward. Even for a skulk putting your nose out around the corner into line of sight of a marine turtle. All with even pistols aiming at you is a dangerous game. You might die and have to wait in spawn que or some such.

So my suggestion is to up the damage a notch. Not a lot. And or decrease the energy a smidgen.
Para takes a lot of energy for what it does. I can see why it does. But it might be a little bit over the top. 4-5 odd shots before energy tap out is a bit harsh. We know we are ment to be a ambushing class. But the marines refuse to come to us. They sit in their base etching up tip jp which I can barely counter. And arcs trains which it takes me 40 second uninterrupted to kill a single arc. Not there are a lot more arcs following it.

So I the skulk I need a way to anoy the marines to some damage even if they want to turtle. Anoy them to the point that they must come out and get the skulk. To stop the kharaa from picking them off one by one.

The parasite cerebral bore.(thank you turok2) Other than the reduced energy cost. And slight buff to damage. The ability to rapid fire it would be nice. Not only have the slightly buffed damage. But add a dot tick which reduces health by 3, 5 then 7 hp a tick. Every two seconds for 6 seconds. One med pack stops the dot two heals the marine. The skulk in this way with a small dot on the parasite. Becomes support in ranged attack breaking a marine turtle. But he's still able to participate. He can coupled with the other classes or several other skulks. Only need to risk reward for a few seconds. Then duck back. As the damage over time effect does its job... Sure the marines will shrug it off. They can armory for free. But coms not going to want to keep med packing them. He needs that Rez for tech. With less energy used skulk will still have a slither or two to do something if the marine does come to take revenge. The dot would allow for harassment tactics and yet still keep the skulk at full energy. A lone 0/0 marine bunkered down at the end of a hall way. Can still be pistol whipped by two skulks parasiting him.

Clearly not as crazy and over powered as the Turok cerebral bore. But it's a start. To skulks assisting in breaking a turtle, until they get leap and xeno.