The fastest way to kill a ressource tower

ChristianChristian Join Date: 2012-06-02 Member: 152870Members
<div class="IPBDescription">- see the results in here...</div>I decided to record the time it takes to destroy a <u>ressource tower</u>, with the diffrent alien abilites as of build 210.

<u><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Results:<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>

<b>Skulk</b>
- Bite: ~30 seconds

<b>Gorge</b>
- Spit: ~78 seconds (waiting for energy to come back, spit, waiting, spit - to be efficient)
- Bile bomb: ~36 seconds (could proberly be done faster)

<b>Lerk</b>
- Bite: ~82 seconds
- Spike: ~ 50 seconds

<b>Fade</b>
- Hit: ~44 seconds

<b>Onos</b>
- Hit: ~25 seconds

<i>Note: On some of the aliens i used all the energy, got some back - and attacked again (tried to be as efficient as possible) - If you do it, the results may vary with around a second.</i>

<u><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Conclusion<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>

If you want to destroy a resourcetower as alien, the fastet abilities are:

1. Onos (with normal hit)
2. Skulk (with bite)
3. Gorge (with bile bomb)
4. Fade (with hit)
5. Lerk (with spike)
6. Gorge (with spit)
7. Lerk (with bite)

<u><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Discussion<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>
In my opinion the lerk bite have been nerfed to much; when the gorge spit can kill a ressource tower faster than the lerk bite.
What do you think?

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Lerks and Fades are both hit and run units. Now the Skulk, Gorge with (Bilebomb splash damage) and Onos are the structure killing units, with Onos having a crowd control role as well. This is to emphasize that Fade and Lerk are player killers and not structure killers :)
  • MisterNubsMisterNubs Join Date: 2012-03-01 Member: 147912Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1945610:date=Jun 21 2012, 11:42 AM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Jun 21 2012, 11:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1945610"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lerks and Fades are both hit and run units. Now the Skulk, Gorge with (Bilebomb splash damage) and Onos are the structure killing units, with Onos having a crowd control role as well. This is to emphasize that Fade and Lerk are player killers and not structure killers :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then Lerk bite shouldn't take nearly twice as long as a fade then. <i>Nor should it be slower than gorge spit of all things.</i> Lerk bite was hit too hard with a nerf.
  • botchiballbotchiball Join Date: 2003-04-24 Member: 15810Members, Constellation
    I think Onos taking only 5 seconds less than a skulk is pretty ridiculous.. Think about it, if I have a pair of volkswagon beetles, and I let a Rhino attack one and I let a wolf attack another... do you really think they're going to be that close a separation? (i.e. Onos should destroy it faster)

As far as the Lerk bite goes, it makes perfect sense to me -> Lerk's bite has poison for anti-troop. A little Bat-esque creature shouldn't be able to take out such a large machine anyway.
  • mikeditkamikeditka Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149764Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I am sure they notice that now the lerk is a little under power. We see this because they are already working on making spikes more powerful.

Remember though, it went from being able to take on 3 rines at once to really only being able to attack on with a hit and run tactic without lerk spikes
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I kind of think the order of effectiveness of killing structures is just about right. I don't see why the lerk bite should be effective against structures, since that isn't its purpose. Also, it has spikes that can still kill an extractor in under 60s, so its not like its totally useless against structures.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Lerk or fade is no structure-killer. It's ok, that a skulk or gorge is needed for this job.

But bile bomb should be way more efficient than a skulk.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    The bigger issue with resource towers currently is that they earn themselves back in just 50 seconds in build 210, from 80 seconds pre-210. This is HUGE as it means that even with skulk 30 seconds, you barely have any time to really damage the marine economy anymore.

More on topic, I concur the lerk bite vs RTs is currently pointless. While bite should have been made less effective, it shouldn't have been turned practically useless.
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1945826:date=Jun 22 2012, 05:35 AM:name=_Necro_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (_Necro_ @ Jun 22 2012, 05:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1945826"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lerk or fade is no structure-killer. It's ok, that a skulk or gorge is needed for this job.

But bile bomb should be way more efficient than a skulk.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Bile bomb has an AoE dmg radius. That's why the damage is not higher. If it would be, entire marine bases would be wiped out in a matter of seconds.

<!--quoteo(post=1945843:date=Jun 22 2012, 08:15 AM:name=Xarius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xarius @ Jun 22 2012, 08:15 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1945843"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The bigger issue with resource towers currently is that they earn themselves back in just 50 seconds in build 210, from 80 seconds pre-210. This is HUGE as it means that even with skulk 30 seconds, you barely have any time to really damage the marine economy anymore.

More on topic, I concur the lerk bite vs RTs is currently pointless. While bite should have been made less effective, it shouldn't have been turned practically useless.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The economy is being heavily scrutinized by Flayra himself, he's aware of the issues and they will be adressed.
    Lerk bite is not practically useless, especially not on player targets. It's just not intended for use against RT's. If you wish to chomp away at them, go skulk!