Celerity Issues

Champlo0Champlo0 Join Date: 2012-04-17 Member: 150617Members
Celerity is pretty good, good enough to be viable as a first upgrade. What I would like to see, however, is for celerity to be locked to certain forms of movement, and for celerity to not let people wall ride (you touch a wall you don't lose the celerity buff) aside from wall running with skulks. Here's what I think would fit each life form

Gorge: Only gains celerity on slide
Lerk: Only gains celerity on glide (the thing that happens when you're not jamming your space bar)
Onos: Only on stampede
Fade: Doesn't really use celerity

So, stop letting people wall ride and change the way it functions on these life forms. Also increase the sound of the movement by at least 100% when celerity is active because you pretty much get a guaranteed free hit, especially with skulks. With those changes I think celerity would be pretty set at the moment.

Comments

• GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    It's still too fast, even with your restrictions.

The speed should be reduced to +50% of the base speed in addition to some added maneuverability (ie air control). This would make skulk speed with max celerity 10.5, gorges 7.5 (near skulk base speed), lerks up to 16.5 (may be too fast), fades and onos would be ~8ish.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    Removing the build-up period, and slowing celerity down, is a must.
  • Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
    edited June 2012
    While we're on the topic - if you have celerity and camouflage, shouldn't it stand to reason that you should be able to move more quickly when camouflaged (after the build-up period)?

With that implementation, camo + silence + celerity = owned.

I would also like to add the Celerity really only aids players that have an innate knowledge of the current map. For players new to a map, they just get lost more quickly.

Now if you could select a point on the map and have celerity auto-pilot you to the destination... that would be a different matter entirely. :P