relocating

c0kec0ke Join Date: 2004-07-02 Member: 29676Members
edited May 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">on power-nodes</div>im just throwing in an idea i already mentioned in another thread that dealt with relocations

i think it could be a good solutions to solve several issues and fullfil many people's wishes if it was possible to build command chairs on EVERY POWERNODE

1. this allows a lot more possibilities to relocate
2. the CC itself would protect the power-node, so by spending the res you also protect it
3. it makes sense to me. CCs probably need a lot of power, so why not plug it onto it .)

<i>the only disadvantage i see: it could be abused to shield power nodes at locations the marines do not even own. but that could be solved by ghosting structures like it's @ns1 (e.g.)</i>

Comments

• BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    i do like more relocations.......although devs seem preety set on the tech points.

maybe marines would need an additional structure on the node itself- like a power adapter or something to increase the cost of relocating?

I think this would keep games consistent, but changing, which i think is the point of the tech point system.
  • .ADHd.ADHd Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146565Members
    Our server will be running a modded lua to allow relocations to any point in the map. I should have it running this afternoon.
  • c0kec0ke Join Date: 2004-07-02 Member: 29676Members
    edited May 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1936422:date=May 15 2012, 03:41 PM:name=Benson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Benson @ May 15 2012, 03:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1936422"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->maybe marines would need an additional structure on the node itself- like a power adapter or something to increase the cost of relocating?

I think this would keep games consistent, but changing, which i think is the point of the tech point system.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=1936459:date=May 15 2012, 06:54 PM:name=.ADHd)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.ADHd @ May 15 2012, 06:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1936459"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Our server will be running a modded lua to allow relocations to any point in the map. I should have it running this afternoon.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i think the reason why the devs made the decision to limit relocations to tech-points only mainly was to get rid of troll-relocs into vents or something. along with balance issues that might occur. but i don't think restricting it THAT MUCH is making it much better.

that's why i think relocating <i>onto</i> powernodes is the best solutions to fullfil players and devs wishes
    it limits the possabilities to powernodes - you can not reloc into vents etc (avoid abuse)
    devs/mappers have the choice to change relocation-spots by putting the powernode elsewhere (fix balance)
    but since there are much more powernodes than tech-points, you get a much bigger range of choice

being able to put it anywhere could also work out. but could possibly rais new issues :x
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If reloc were posiible everywhere we would need a smaler CC.
    Else it won't work very well.
  • dan813dan813 Join Date: 2012-05-20 Member: 152343Members
    I have read the other thread lately and I'm impressed how gives us new ideas about relocating. I agree about needing a smaler CC when relocating. Many thanks