Mini Cyst suggestion

Champlo0Champlo0 Join Date: 2012-04-17 Member: 150617Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Generate individual infestation</div>I think a great addition to the Gorge would be the ability for mini-cysts to generate their own infestation, so they wouldn't have to be connected to the main cyst line. It would allow for a more rapid alien expansion as well as allowing Gorges to set up traps with Hydras and such. Thoughts?

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    I believe that was the case before free Gorge buildings came in. I guess it got removed due to the instant build time Mini-Cyst had back then, and Gorges could potentially spam infestation into Marine bases given enough PRes spent (instant Mini-Cysts with full HP >_>)

But yeah, I want to see it come back so Gorges can create forward bases again. Also, ninja cap Res Nodes!
  • Champlo0Champlo0 Join Date: 2012-04-17 Member: 150617Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1934944:date=May 9 2012, 05:45 PM:name=PsiWarp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PsiWarp @ May 9 2012, 05:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1934944"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I believe that was the case before free Gorge buildings came in. I guess it got removed due to the instant build time Mini-Cyst had back then, and Gorges could potentially spam infestation into Marine bases given enough PRes spent (instant Mini-Cysts with full HP >_>)

But yeah, I want to see it come back so Gorges can create forward bases again. Also, ninja cap Res Nodes!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That was what I was thinking with the ninja nodes, instead of cysting out at the beginning comms could rely on Gorges to save the tres for an early crag or something like that. There would probably need to be some limitations, I don't think it should be able to power its own cyst line, that would be pretty imbalanced. Maybe it could power up to 2 other cysts or something like that.
  • MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    +1

Bring this back!
    I don't understand why they removed it?

Marines can rush ahead and build up an area to defend it, why can't Aliens?
  • botchiballbotchiball Join Date: 2003-04-24 Member: 15810Members, Constellation
    Agreed with this idea. Gorge has lost lots of fun, and gained only 'ctionality lately.. I mean its more boring but more required. Truly at a loss over here as to whats going on with the Gorge.