Equipment suggestion thread

RanemanRaneman Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69962Members
<div class="IPBDescription">No weapons, only tools</div>Everyone has an idea for a marine weapon they'd like to see, but what about equipment for the rines to use?

Personally I would like to see some medical supplies, some small traps to close off vents (as an alternative to mines), extra ammo to drop for teammates, an ammunition backpack, perhaps something to run faster or something. Basically lot of ways to tweak your playstyle with some disposable p res. Note none of these do damage (except for the traps.)

Comments

• ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    Comm drops medpacks, comm drops ammo.
    In what way would these "traps" differ to mines?
    Jetpack makes you faster.
  • RanemanRaneman Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69962Members
    Comm also repairs things, yet welder allows marines to basically be MACs
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1934856:date=May 9 2012, 10:56 PM:name=Raneman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Raneman @ May 9 2012, 10:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1934856"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Comm also repairs things, yet welder allows marines to basically be MACs<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, the comm doesn't also repair things, that is the point of the MAC, it does it without input. Its equivalent to the armoury in terms of health and ammo, so once again, there's no point in these additions.
  • .ADHd.ADHd Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146565Members
    Back in NS1 I used to use mines as a way to climb up walls to vents and etc... because you could stand on them.

Maybe if they added something similar that marines can place on walls to climb them.
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    mine ladders and bunnyhop are the keys to glory