Pro Tips?

2»

Comments

• _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1934352:date=May 8 2012, 07:05 AM:name=Albe23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Albe23 @ May 8 2012, 07:05 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1934352"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->+10000000000000000000000000 on recycling rt's and the reason for it<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm not sure, if this is really a good strategy.
    If I'm not wrong, than you get less resources back, the less health the building has.
    Adding the fact, that you get no resources from a RT that is recycling at the moment.
    And on top of this, you hold one alien busy that is not on the front line.

If an RT gets attacked, I nano shield it (possibly twice, when one skulk is attacking). This way it generates res AND keeps the skulk bussy for longer.

Btw. In the time it needs to recycle itself, it has so little life less, that I get back how many res?

Edit: Oh additionally, the nano shielding let the most skulk think, that I'm recycling it (or annoys them) and sometimes they stop their attack.

On the topic:
    (why has nobody mentioned this yet?)
    As a marine when getting in close combat with an alien, just strafe in one direction facing the alien and shooting. It's circle strafing when you do it right and very effective. It's like treating it as a bull, but stepping sidewards the whole time.
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    Dear Fades,

Please Shadowstep over mines

Signed,

Skulk
  • flyjumflyjum Join Date: 2012-01-07 Member: 139849Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1934357:date=May 7 2012, 11:06 PM:name=DJPenguin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DJPenguin @ May 7 2012, 11:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1934357"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Dear Fades,

Signed,

Skulk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

oh always =D
    Also as onos stomp those mines BEFORE you run in
  • fmponefmpone Join Date: 2011-07-05 Member: 108086Members, Squad Five Blue
    Onos stomp is incredible. seriously a very troll move that will allow you to own nearby marines with ease.

As a skulk, here's a neat one: try turning faster and harder than you thought possible with the mouse. Just lean on the turn quite extremely, or turn mouse accel way up. Marines have a way of getting almost behind you, they can strafe so quickly. Thats why this is crucial.
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=1934357:date=May 8 2012, 12:06 AM:name=DJPenguin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DJPenguin @ May 8 2012, 12:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1934357"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Dear Fades,

Signed,

Skulk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Son I do this all the time as a fade. I even spike them as a lerk. If this game were made by valve my aliens would wear top hats because I am a gentleman.
  • haprohapro Join Date: 2012-03-27 Member: 149492Members
    grenades are actually awesome

recycling/nano-ing RTs is a judgement call, it depends how your current res supply is doing, how close other marines are, how close the point is to your base, how low the RT is, how much energy you have, etc...

if the skulk is in a position where they could do damage after the RT goes down, it's probably best to leave it up as long as possible... if there's no marines around and it's gonna obviously go down and it's on the other side of the map, may as well recycle it and get some res back
  • Master BlasterMaster Blaster Join Date: 2012-03-17 Member: 148908Banned
    edited May 2012
    Master Blaster's recipe for success:

1) Do NOT kill any of the other team's resource towers.

2) If you cannot kill the other team, blame the commander for not getting upgrades

3) If you cannot kill the other team with upgrades, blame the commander for not building turrets. If this fails, tell the commander that you lost because you did not have flamethrowers to kill the onos.

4) When you rush a hive, be sure to have half your team run off in the other direction when they see one skulk, like a dog chasing a shiny thing.

5) SPRINT out of base at the round start without building anything

6) Do NOT leave base

7) Ask for a forward armory when you are the only marine in the vicinity. Then eject commander when he doesn't give it to you because you are the only marine in the vicinity.

<b>8) If all else fails, ALWAYS insult and eject the commander, but then do NOT command yourself because you "don't like commanding."</b>
  • goblingoblin Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31412Members
    While out of combat keep your eyes no minimap (Press C)

You can see where your team are, sometimes where is the enemy, and what structure is being attacked (the structure flashes)
  • internetexplorerinternetexplorer Join Date: 2011-10-13 Member: 127255Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1934438:date=May 8 2012, 11:00 AM:name=Master Blaster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Blaster @ May 8 2012, 11:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1934438"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->5) SPRINT out of base at the round start without building anything

6) Do NOT leave base<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Starting to read like the bible here, dude!
  • Albe23Albe23 Join Date: 2012-03-24 Member: 149272Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1934354:date=May 8 2012, 01:34 AM:name=_Necro_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (_Necro_ @ May 8 2012, 01:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1934354"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If an RT gets attacked, I nano shield it (possibly twice, when one skulk is attacking). This way it generates res AND keeps the skulk bussy for longer.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is true and I usually will nano it. More often than not they bugger off somewhere after I nano. But, if I don't have a man in the area I nano and then recycle. The nano keeps the rt's health up so I get more back from it. Plus, it doesn't take very long for one for skulk to take down a rt...
  • Albe23Albe23 Join Date: 2012-03-24 Member: 149272Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1934438:date=May 8 2012, 11:00 AM:name=Master Blaster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Blaster @ May 8 2012, 11:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1934438"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Master Blaster's recipe for success:

1) Do NOT kill any of the other team's resource towers.

2) If you cannot kill the other team, blame the commander for not getting upgrades

3) If you cannot kill the other team with upgrades, blame the commander for not building turrets. If this fails, tell the commander that you lost because you did not have flamethrowers to kill the onos.

4) When you rush a hive, be sure to have half your team run off in the other direction when they see one skulk, like a dog chasing a shiny thing.

5) SPRINT out of base at the round start without building anything

6) Do NOT leave base

7) Ask for a forward armory when you are the only marine in the vicinity. Then eject commander when he doesn't give it to you because you are the only marine in the vicinity.

<b>8) If all else fails, ALWAYS insult and eject the commander, but then do NOT command yourself because you "don't like commanding."</b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I laughed so hard at this I was tearing up. You sir are an insipration to us all.

Side note: it seems like this was building up on you after a while. Commanding is the most thankless job out there right now.