Has the refund policy changed?

sherpasherpa stopcommandermode Join Date: 2006-11-04 Member: 58338Members
I e-mailed store@unknownworlds.com on April 11th asking for a refund and included the paypal details, but I've yet to hear back from UWE. Is there another way to get a refund?

Thanks!

Comments

• BiglinesBiglines Join Date: 2003-12-07 Member: 24094Members, Constellation
    edited May 2012
    if you bought it from them directly then thatst he email, but the guy answering them is quite busy actually making the game. If you bought it through the humblebundle storefront (so if u bought it recently), you have to contact them.

I really don't get this whole getting a refund thing though. I have already spent more time playing ns2 than I have most of the other games I've bought over the years, and I spent less than most of those games. Even if I hated the game now, or if I got angry over the release date, the system specs, or the performance, I've already gotten more than my money's worth out of it.

If you bought the game based on the system specs posted then, and it turns out you can't play it now, then I think a refund is fair. For any other reason is just plain bull###### imho. If you spent more than 1 or 2 hours of fun in the game, it's already worth the money tbh. It costs more to have a few beers.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited May 2012
    They should get back to you eventually, like Biglines said, they're probably drowning in workload so they haven't gotten to this yet. Try sending them another mail.
  • TrCTrC Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65612Members
    Shame, a good player down :(
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Sherpa see this thread - and don't miss the last post
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=118171" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=118171</a>

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We've never had a "no refund" policy. The person in charge with authoring the refunds is our technical artist and has a lot on his plate, so it sometimes takes a bit of time before he gets to his emails. If you haven't heard anything by mid next week, post again in this thread.

Everyone else, there really is nothing productive in trying to find out reasons why someone is getting a refund and to try and talk them out of it, and the thread will get out of hand very quickly, so can we please just let it drop? Thanks.

--Cory<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • fenrir1179fenrir1179 Join Date: 2011-11-05 Member: 131263Members
    edited May 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1933453:date=May 4 2012, 10:29 AM:name=Biglines)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biglines @ May 4 2012, 10:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1933453"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->if you bought it from them directly then thatst he email, but the guy answering them is quite busy actually making the game. If you bought it through the humblebundle storefront (so if u bought it recently), you have to contact them.

I really don't get this whole getting a refund thing though. I have already spent more time playing ns2 than I have most of the other games I've bought over the years, and I spent less than most of those games. Even if I hated the game now, or if I got angry over the release date, the system specs, or the performance, I've already gotten more than my money's worth out of it.

If you bought the game based on the system specs posted then, and it turns out you can't play it now, then I think a refund is fair. For any other reason is just plain bull###### imho. If you spent more than 1 or 2 hours of fun in the game, it's already worth the money tbh. It costs more to have a few beers.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yup +1

It's like.. you got the game that isn't finished... and I wonder how many hours you put in?

Seems super self defeating.... unless you need the $20 or dare say $40 for that scurvy or maybe you got a touch of pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.
    Sooooo.. the game almost changes everyweek, you might as well just wait and check it once a week/month and see if it up to your standards, oh all knowing superior one.

Suck it up or .. I guess, get bent.

Durka Durka Mohammed Jihad! all-in muddah suckkah.
  • flyjumflyjum Join Date: 2012-01-07 Member: 139849Members
    wait
    he has nearly a thousand posts and needs a refund

why?
  • Raza.Raza. Join Date: 2004-01-24 Member: 25663Members, Constellation
    Seriously guys... UWE offers refunds to anyone, so some people ask for one. There is nothing to discuss here.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
This discussion has been closed.