Can't start LAN

CorpseyCorpsey Join Date: 2011-07-02 Member: 107538Members
edited May 2012 in Technical Support
I've had this problem for a while now.. on my laptop I can start a LAN game just fine (which has been updating the game since around build 188) but on my new computer that has only been updating the game since build 194 or so I haven't been able to start a LAN game.. it gives me the error "Couldn't establish a connection with the server". I've reinstalled directX and nvidia physx and it still gives the error so I'm not sure why it would be giving me the error.

Comments

• CorpseyCorpsey Join Date: 2011-07-02 Member: 107538Members
    Help please? I probably should have opened this in tech support.. can admin move it please (and sorry about that).
  • rhombusrhombus Lerk Queen Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106055Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Are you connected to steam auth servers?
  • CorpseyCorpsey Join Date: 2011-07-02 Member: 107538Members
    Probably, I mean I do have online accessibility and I'm connected to steam when I try to create the LAN game. I have no idea why this occurs, I've tried troubleshooting a couple things.. made sure NS2.exe is allowed by my firewall etc. and I still get the same error "Couldn't establish a connection with the server".
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    There is a bug, if you open a LAN game it isn't really LAN. Others can join the session.
    So to play "LAN" you have to open the ports for steam on rour modem and firewall (NAT).