Alien upgrades

measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">secondary towers</div>
I'm wondering if there is any intention to create seconfary functions to the upgrade towers like shell/veil.

A radius is shown where ever you click an upgrade tower as Alien Comm. And my suggestion is that the radius can be extended of amplified.

In the case of Shade/ placing veil within the radius extends the range of cloak. This is effective to say a maximum of +2 in any one direction and +3 overall, per SHADE. This means that Alien Comm can create a chain and use several SHADE at once as long as thhere are veil connecting to each SHADE.
For the Crag there is healing amplification. Shellz placed in range of Crag increase its healing output and energy regeneration. 1 shell to 1 crag increases output by 33% 2 shellz to 1 crag increases op by 50% 1 shell to 2 crags inc. op. of 25% to each crag.

Comments

• FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You mean crag and shade? IIRC the shade gets an Inkcloud (cheats 1, langame, give inkcloud) and the crag gets babblers ( give babblers).
  • measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation
    edited May 2012
    Oh yeah ^^)
    <3 babblers.. But the xtra-chambrs chambers are still somehow lacking. I know that they are meant for upgrades, but I still think they shud have some relevant function. I mean. A good game isn't about buffing and nerfing, it's about substance and relativity (and ######)!
    And I think creating (radius) chains of relevant functions across the infestation gives alien Comm the complexity it deserves. I mean, I'm reluctant to even volounteer as a Comm in the Kharaa as you become so completely dislocated from the events on the map. There are shadows for buttons to Communicating "Orders", but who is ever going to listen them if the players AREN'T AWARE IF COMM IS N00B or NOT.

I'm not sure if what I'm saying is making sense to readers but I can create a diagram explaining how connecting radius' and logical and ethical placements of structures will define how battle are fought and won. It seems to be in the nature of what is being played now. It's better than buffing this and nerfing that;
  • botchiballbotchiball Join Date: 2003-04-24 Member: 15810Members, Constellation
    Interesting concept, but why buy a shell for 10 res to boost a crag by 33%, when you could just buy another crag for 10 res which gives 100% of the bonus in a much larger area?
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Shells buffing crags would make crags on the hive better and give incentive for putting shells at both hives in case one gets destroyed
  • botchiballbotchiball Join Date: 2003-04-24 Member: 15810Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1935999:date=May 13 2012, 06:30 PM:name=Benson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Benson @ May 13 2012, 06:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1935999"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Shells buffing crags would make crags on the hive better and give incentive for putting shells at both hives in case one gets destroyed<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    True, but its hardly worth implementing such a system if the only benefit is a slight increase in productivity which will likely only be seen at hives.