Upgrade ideas!

measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">damage increase is pretty boring.</div>If Natural Selection is going to be a really ground-breaking game then I think being aware of the monotony of regular games are..
<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->
~There is an illusion of choice so far with the evolutions of alien upgrades. Carapace, it's always carapace. Which makes sense since the offensive upgrades we removed and the SHADE effectiveness during cloak is been diminished.
~Marines can know the amount of damage they are going to be able to sustain.
~Skulks have only one effective attack. Parasite needs evolving.
~ Onos abilities are chaotic.
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#00FF00--><span style="color:#00FF00"><!--/coloro--> ~Upgrades need revoltionizing. For marines Arms lab has shotgun pre-stocked, possible upgrades: extra ammo clip for rifle., Increased shotgun accuracy/range. mines., Advance armory.
Advanced armory has flame-thrower and gren-launcer pre-stocked: upgrades include grenade gun auto reload (grens are automatically reloaded at sacrifice of time)., Flame-thrower range.
~bring back offensive upgrades with the WHIP
~Holding parasite in a close range attack does a lock jaw attack. Particularly effective if you are sitting on a marines head!
~Onos stomp should be similar to charge in NS1. You charge as you hold right click, then buck/butt his head on release..
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

In closing I would like to say that I really do love the work that has been done, here. But, I think what this game is really lacking ATM is a sense of humor ^_^