Fleshing out drifters

WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">don't listen to the haters, UWE</div>i think the new drifter mechanics are amazing. However, I think right now they're a little too spammable and exploitable (blocking rt's with them, etc). They're also too powerful for their cost, especially with the auto-cloaking abilities.

In addition to raising their res cost to make them less spammable, I'd like to propose that each different hive evolution gives them different abilities: Crag hive gives them flare (or increases health), shade hives give them auto-cloaking, and shift hives make them move faster. This would give extra incentives for different hive types to start, besides the obvious lifeform upgrades, with a shade hive you would be able to have much better scouting abilities and have your scouts stay alive in many useful positions, with a shift hive you could micro your drifters to cover more area or escape from marines, with crag hive your drifters might become more offensive.

Comments

• BlakkCooperBlakkCooper Join Date: 2007-11-24 Member: 63009Members
    edited June 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1931406:date=Apr 29 2012, 06:05 AM:name=Wheeee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wheeee @ Apr 29 2012, 06:05 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1931406"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i think the new drifter mechanics are amazing. However, I think right now they're a little too spammable and exploitable (blocking rt's with them, etc). They're also too powerful for their cost, especially with the auto-cloaking abilities.

In addition to raising their res cost to make them less spammable, I'd like to propose that each different hive evolution gives them different abilities: Crag hive gives them flare (or increases health), shade hives give them auto-cloaking, and shift hives make them move faster. This would give extra incentives for different hive types to start, besides the obvious lifeform upgrades, with a shade hive you would be able to have much better scouting abilities and have your scouts stay alive in many useful positions, with a shift hive you could micro your drifters to cover more area or escape from marines, with crag hive your drifters might become more offensive.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:orange--><span style="color:orange"><!--/coloro-->Disagreement, argument missing.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->