complement

hankyhanky Join Date: 2011-08-28 Member: 118944Members
I just have to complement the art team, the graphics of this game have come ALONG! way since first public alpha release. Game looks very good, along with the effects.

Really like how the textures and the animations on most if not all the objects look / feel/ lighting/ and move.

Esp. everything with the alien side.

Game is really coming along, even the network code seems to be running very well now. I also have decent from rate, just played a 10 vs 10 server and ran very well.

With that being sad, gameplay still needs to be ironed out, which I have very high confedence that it will. I wasn't a hardcore NS1 player, although I remember playing it back in the day and truly being amazed....don't get that feeling yet with NS2. (although it is fun)

The feel of the marine weapons still feel clunky and weird. As a some what new player to NS, I don't really know the objective of the game...so I more or less just run around looking for some one to kill, with no idea of an objetive to obtain.

Not sure of the plan for more weapons, but really wish the game had more Infantry weapons for the marines. not talking a whole arsenal, but maybe a SMG with high ROF (kinda like starter assault of now) then assualt rifle with high and or low ROF with higher power. Then maybe a single shot rifle.....like a 20mm. Then bring back the heavy MG.

Also, not sure how people would feel about this, but roles for the marine class to would be pretty neat. Medic class could give health to his marines, maybe even bring em back from dead (maybe). Would also be cool if engineer class could set up static MG placments and some sort of explosives to take out objectives.

Would also be cool to go down different path's of evolution for aliens. Vs some upgrades different than others.

For the lerk you could make it a fast flying fast shooting style....or you could be slower with the ability to cling to the ceiling and "Snipe" nontheless.

Gorge could evolve into a engineer role to build things, or more of a support class that can lay down health and concelment for his teamates to advance.

Just my 2 cents. Either way you guys are doing a good job, and really looking forward to playing the final product.