Lag

PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
edited April 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">You get some? Is this the problem?</div>I wonder why everybody complain about the lag, i talk to some mate and he said he has a lag too.
I don't have lags, the most of the time i have fps issue because of to much structures.
But then i change to high textures and notice i got tiny lag spikes.
I also wonder some time ago why the textures are so high(2048x2048), can the textures be the problem?
I mean i always play with awful option because it makes the game very fluent, if i change to high i have no fps changes, but i notice on summit some lag spikes.
So maybe the textures are the problem people complaining and not the lag?

Comments

• playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    Depends what kind of lag you're talking about. You have good ol' packet-latency (which is pretty high in NS2, but you should be able to find a server near you with under a 100ms), then there's mouse-lag, which you may be able to abate by turning everything way down and reducing the amount of frames the videocard renders ahead (though with the latest build, even with all that, the mouse-lag is back full force for me). Then there's an apparent lag in how fast events are registered in NS2, which has something to do with clients having a hardcoded interp built into them (or something such, it's a bit unclear).