Drifter Path

ssjyodassjyoda Join Date: 2002-03-05 Member: 274Members, Squad Five Blue
<div class="IPBDescription">smallest opening..</div>Anyone know around whats the smallest opening for drifters to pass through? I'm still working on Tanith remake and I'd like to make the some of the vent openings large enough for drifters to pass through.

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Drifters managed to find their way out of a map where there is no hole, so I reckon any size hole will do :P

Seriously though, and this may just be me, but the drifter pathing seems to follow the commanders camera as a base for the pathing mesh. This may be totally incorrect, but this appears to be what I am seeing, but I have only just started adding commander cameras and testing my map.
  • Evil_bOb1Evil_bOb1 Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 938Members, Squad Five Blue
    You have an entity, pathing_settings and a console command nav_debug.

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=115160&st=0" target="_blank">A thread i posted a while back with a bit more information in it.</a>

But the way I understood it was to make single tweaks and then observed how it affects the pathing mesh. I'm sure somewhere in there you can affect the smallest opening for drifters and more,
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    You have to be really careful testing. Drifters might fit through some holes, but might also get stuck every 10th time they go through if it isn't high enough. An example would be the lowered door inside the Cargo location on ns2_turtle at the power node.