New Editor

2»

Comments

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    I asked Max if the solution is as easy as it seems and he told me that it isn't... so... I don't know, you can try if you want and report results, if we get anything usable then it's more than welcome!
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I created the .dds and .material files, but I can't see it being used anywhere in the editor.
    By the way, the light_billboard.material and sound_billboard.material point to the wrong folder (materials/dev/editor/... instead of materials/editor/...).
  • LV426-ColonistLV426-Colonist Space Jockey Join Date: 2011-08-05 Member: 114269Members, Constellation
    Hard to see lines now that everything is black.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    The editor_background.material is part of a new system for putting the background back in the editor. In the public version the feature's unfinished so changing that file won't do anything. Once it's in you'll theoretically be able to edit the background to be anything you want, although I expect most of you will want a plain colour.

Max has actually finished it, but don't expect until after PAX for obvious reasons.
  • Evil_bOb1Evil_bOb1 Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 938Members, Squad Five Blue
    All good, I didn't try to touch anything but saw this as a nice clue to what will be coming on in the future> editable background.

As much as its hard to see, when you want to get things done theres nothing stopping you :p
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1922159:date=Apr 5 2012, 03:35 PM:name=Insane)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Insane @ Apr 5 2012, 03:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1922159"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The editor_background.material is part of a new system for putting the background back in the editor. In the public version the feature's unfinished so changing that file won't do anything. Once it's in you'll theoretically be able to edit the background to be anything you want, although I expect most of you will want a plain colour.

Max has actually finished it, but don't expect until after PAX for obvious reasons.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you can slap any texture onto any viewport, it might be useful for rotoscoping layouts.

If you can fix camera positions anyway.