Sound - left channel much quieter

WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
edited March 2012 in Technical Support
Hey, I have a problem with my sound. The left channel is significantly quieter than the right for some sounds. For example, if I stand next to an resource point you can hear a buzzing sound from it. If I rotate around, I can hear the sound easily in the right channel but once it gets to the left side the sound gets very faint. It makes it pretty hard to determine what direction sound are coming from.

I don't know if it's a general game issue or just me. I don't have any other headphones to test with right now.

[EDIT] I think it's my headphones, doing the same in other games.

Comments

• DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    It may be just Windows.
    If you have Windows 7, go to Control Panel > Sound, click Properties on the respective output and check Levels > Balance. Windows tends to have problems like having left/right levels on 13 and 12 if overall volume is set to 13, etc.
  • EvilKoaLaEvilKoaLa Join Date: 2012-03-24 Member: 149331Members
    As said before, it may come from your system. Check it !

Then, it may come from your headphones. If it happens with only few sounds, it means you're losing some frequences on the left side. It's generaly a sign that your headphones are coming to their end...