NS2 Market Appeal to the Starcraft Community

SpaPalSpaPal Join Date: 2012-02-28 Member: 147699Members
You guys should really consider reaching out to the starcraft 2 youtube casters like huskystarcraft and totalhalibut. Think there would be a big appeal due to the unique rts / fps nature of ns2 with the starcraft 2 community.

Comments

• playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    I don't think Totalhalibut would take kindly to a game that runs rather ###### on top-tier machines. Best to wait until performance has gone up. Very much up. If it it ever will.
  • CMarkCMark Join Date: 2012-03-23 Member: 149256Members
    edited March 2012
    I believe that someone with the integrity such as TB would go easy on that fact that the game is running slow, seeing the game being in closed beta. Besides, there is no certainty that the game will run bad right? It runs rather smooth on my computer and it is absolutley no longer in the highest tier in terms of hardware. As who to reach out to, I would personally with TB as he covers a larger variety of games besides SC2.

As for the game reaching out to the SC2 community, I think that makes some sense. I love watching strategy games, but was never really good at them, so that's kinda stopped me from actually purchasing Starcraft.

This game is perfect for me though. I bought it yesterday and I already love the community and the developers, the amount of energy that is put into this game from all sides is amazing.

Edit: I would like to say this however. I belive it would be difficult for someone like TB to cover this game in for example his "WTF series." There are just too many things you need to know before giving your first impressions. Sure, he could say things such as the game looks pretty. But besides that? He can't really speak for the gameplay mechanics since he is not involved in it. For example, I can't make a video and tell you if the game is unbalanced or not because I have no knowledge in the matter. This is something you gain as you play it for a longer period of time, not after sitting down with it for an hour or so.
  • DarkOmenDarkOmen Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7148Members
    I wouldn't bother until the game is done, and then I don't think that Husky or TB would be the best candidates to pioneer NS2 (if I had to charter one to represent). These guys offer a comical relief within a sea of elitism, which NS2 by design should starkly avoid.
  • CMarkCMark Join Date: 2012-03-23 Member: 149256Members
    I tend to agree here. I believe that if you are going cover this game it should be done over a number of videos. Husky will probably not do that, he is mainly into SC2 casting. What about TB? His "WTF is..." would be the best bet. And that is not really suitable for a game such as this, I mentioned this in the last post. I hardly believe he is going to cover this game over a longer period of time. Look at his Tribes coverage. He play that a lot but you don't see that much raw footage from that game besides from his "Mailbox" series.