NS2 Multi-Monitor HUD LUA Changes
The necessary LUA changes to support the HUD on multiple monitorsUpdated on 5/19/2012: Now supports changes to HUD in Build 208
We now have multi-monitor HUD support for NS2. For those of you who are running 3 or 5 monitor configurations, you know how frustrating it can be to constantly turn your head to the left or right to check out your minimap or health and ability stats. These LUA changes will allow for all of the GUI elements to reside on the center monitor of your multi-monitor configuration.
- Moves Marine and Alien GUI elements to central monitor
- Moves Marine and Alien Commander GUI elements to central monitor
- Automatically detects between single and multiple monitors
- Does not support in-game resolution changes
- Auto detection of single monitor assumes no single monitor horizontal resolutions above 2600 pixels
- Team Chat vs. All Chat inputs display in different x-axis values depending on whether you are Alien or Marine
- Close button in Marine buy menu does not properly move to center monitor
- Jet Pack Buy Menu does not work properly when using more than one monitor. Results in not being able to purchase jet packs
I've tested this a bunch using my own private server as well as public games and so far it seems to work very well. However, let me state that I am not a professional software developer, so if someone finds a cleaner way to do this or can institute modifications to allow resolution changes within game, that would be fantastic.
Also, if anyone finds any elements that I may have missed when moving items to the central monitor, please let me know (and provide a screenshot if possible) so I can track down the code and get it modified.
Thanks in advance for any constructive feedback you may have.
- Download zip file from link below
- Copy contents to "%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\common\natural selection 2\ns2\lua" or make the changes manually as described in the accompanying text file
Download ZIP File
Here are some screenshots in different resolutions to give you an idea of what this looks like:
First Person View @ 1280x1024
Commander View @ 1280x1024
First Person View @ 1680x1050
Commander View @ 1680x1050
First Person View @ 1920x1080
Commander View @ 1920x1080
First Person View @ 5760x1080
Commander View @ 5760x1080
Post edited by Unknown User on