NS2 Multi-Monitor HUD LUA Changes

2»

Comments

• MontypMontyp Join Date: 2013-04-22 Member: 184930Members
    Is there any way we can have the integrated into the main game? I would love to be able to join actual servers with these mods. If it was brought into the next build I could see myself playing alot more NS2 then I currently do.
  • DarkMDarkM Join Date: 2013-05-14 Member: 185236Members
    Is there an update for build 248?
  • SKINZSKINZ Join Date: 2008-11-11 Member: 65422Members
    I haven't worked on this since build 209, but I'll take a look at it this weekend and see what I can do for build 250. I'm not feeling uber optimistic regarding the comments I've been reading about the server and client needing the same LUA versions in order to connect though. However, I can understand why UWE would lock it down that way due to competitive play and all. Having triple monitors compared to someone with single monitors does give an unfair advantage due to extended field of view.

More to come soon.
  • sysshadsysshad sweden Join Date: 2014-03-09 Member: 194615Members
    Heya, Im also really hoping on an update for this. Just love my 3 monitors to be of use again :P
  • ComputronComputron Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185665Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is there a chance for this to be implemented in the current builds?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
  • WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    What about using two monitor in another mode:
    For first-person the first monitor show first-person view, second monitor show map.
  • ComputronComputron Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185665Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    No sorry

Any particular reason? Is it not possible to do anymore? Even as a workshop mod?
  • AnarchywAnarchyw Syd Join Date: 2014-05-27 Member: 196262Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Does anyone know how to get the map on a second screen? i am sure someone would have been able to mod it out by now. I would like it to be live not a photo just in case someone didn't figure that out.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2015
    Anarchyw wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get the map on a second screen? i am sure someone would have been able to mod it out by now. I would like it to be live not a photo just in case someone didn't figure that out.

That would require to modify some lua files which would make given mod fail the consistency check and therefor be pretty useless unless most servers enable it on their end.

Furthermore if you only want the map to be on the second display while the rest gets only rendered at the first display, you would have to make engine changes which you won't be able to make as engine's source code is not avaible in public.