Bile Bomb

RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited March 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Should be based on flight speed!</div>Had a great thought today while playing Lerk today.

We were playing Mineshaft and held Cave and Crushing, but marines had a base set up in Ore. Myself and another Lerk kept swooping in at speed and dropping bile bombs, then the whole team decided to attack and 2 fades, 3 skulks and a Gorge came in to mop up. It was really satisfying to swoop in at speed, release, and get a shot on target.

Instead of the damage occurring over time, how about having the damage being quite low when shot whilst stationary.

However, if you swoop from height and at speed, the faster you are traveling, the more damage occurs when the bile bomb impacts. To the point that perhaps in 3/4 good runs you can take out an IP. Perhaps from still it would take as many as it did when it was assigned to the Gorge.

It would definitely add another level of skill to the class, and also stop Lerks from rushing into the marines main base and taking out the defenses as they please.

Comments

• RanakastraszRanakastrasz Join Date: 2012-02-26 Member: 147512Members
    Bilebomb should just not be on lerk, period...
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    edited March 2012
    i like it on the lerk. but i'd like to see the projectile in alien vision too, so i have a chance to see where it made it's impact.

@op, i don't think this is necessary (and since it's not too intuitive, i see no need to implement it). if you stand still, you are already an easy target. if you hit the same target(s) twice in a row, the damage-over-time will not stack (at least i think it doesn't) so you are already encouraged to keep moving.