Simple Tips when Loading Game

DoppyDoppy Join Date: 2006-11-15 Member: 58624Members, Reinforced - Supporter
edited March 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
Hello! I've noticed that currently the game doesn't give good enough feedback to know what certain abilities/features do. I noticed this especially with the Onos. I had a hard time figuring out what each of his abilities did and I had to look it up online to check.

What I am suggesting is a simple system that shows a single "Tip" when you are loading the map (Pretty much exactly how you see it in Team Fortress 2).

Simple stuff like "Stepping on Infestation increases health and armor regeneration rates" and "Pressing shift while up against a wall or ceiling as a Lerk will plant you there".

Now, the only problem is that the game is constantly changing and you would have to change the "Tips" accordingly when you make a change to a certain feature. But for features that will most likely be staying in the game, such as "Pressing F brings up Alien Vision. Alien vision makes it easier for Aliens to see the Marines" (I get asked what F does every couple of days or so. I'm always surprised by the amount of people who don't know what it does), I can see it being very useful.

Anyways, what do you guys think?

Edit: Quick little fix.

Comments

• Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    i don't see why they would not implement this. there are already ingame tooltips after all. still, they probably have other priorities over this (gameplay), so be patient.