Creating some Action?

SantoSanto Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147548Members
Hey guys,

after we saw the (imho) great success of the latest trailer, I was just thinking about getting some stuff for another "try"?

As mentioned in some earlier threads, maybe we could just arrange some decent showmatches or a small gather cup or something similar and just stream it. Afterwards, it'd be possible to cut some nice recap footage from this "event" and just spread the word 'bout it.

For sure, we'd need some decent video cutters and stuff for it, but If we got those stuff, I guess it could be a great option to get Ns2 a way more into the minds.

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Comments

• cH40z-LordcH40z-Lord Join Date: 2009-07-26 Member: 68269Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I completely second this. The huge impact just on Reddit about the Gorilla trailer was amazing.

We need more "official" content so show off like mentioned by Santo, some stuff that will gain more attention by the big sites and magazines.

IMO Natural Selection 2 is already in a state that allows us to easily show what the game is like, but there is currently a lack of content that will be actually recognized by people OUTSIDE the NS2-community, which is sad.

Just think about the StarCraft II community. Their casters really succeeded in being active and bringing regular more content; more tournaments and more weekly cups. It is amazing how viable the SC2 community is in terms of cups and stuff like that. Actually this is stuff that will gain attention outside of the community and keep the NS2 players busy and of course happy :)
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I think NS2HD's recent addition to the UWE team is to rectify this very situation, and make more high quality information videos available to the world, all in a bid to promote NS2 :)
  • SantoSanto Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147548Members
    True,

but compared to the SC2 example, focussing on one person could become a very high "risk". Maybe we should find some more volunteers, which are working in the back of NS2HD?
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Have you looked at the number of live streams and recorded clan matches already in existence for NS2? There are loads. It is not just NS2HD, the community is doing very well. Just search on twitch.tv, Youtube, justin.tv and you will find lots of NS2 streams and video uploads. The community is doing a lot already.

As regards Beta tournaments etc, there is going to be a tournament organised officially, by NS2HD for UWE. Be sure to enter and assist etc, and feel free to work on any community stuff, but everything is progressing nicely.

Also, you cannot compare SC2 to NS2, apart from the differences in the scale and history of the games, NS2 hasn't even been released yet, and is currently hitting highs of around 300 concurrent players. The amount of coverage of the game is great and is increasing exponentially as the game gets closer to release.

I was going to link to some of the threads here, but I noticed while linking them, you've already posted in most of the threads, so you have seen how many people are streaming already, vs how many players there are. Everything is progressing nicely, I'm sure once b200 has been released, then 201 and 202 hotfixes, that the game will have moved on another level, and we will see further growth in the scrim recordings and general gameplay streaming.

This game is still in a restricted Beta, too much exposure, to too many people, who don't understand the development of a game can potentially be more harmful to NS2 and it's reputation, than making people wait to see it when it is ready. You have to be very careful promoting products too soon, because people will judge on what they experience, so sometimes it's best to let things increase at a steady pace, and just keep going and growing :)

NS2HD is the official source now of UWE releases. That's now 1 where there was none. With the additional support of the community, I really feel everything is developing very well and there is no need to panic :)
  • SantoSanto Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147548Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1912960:date=Mar 14 2012, 09:15 PM:name=Soul_Rider)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Soul_Rider @ Mar 14 2012, 09:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1912960"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As regards Beta tournaments etc, there is going to be a tournament organised officially, by NS2HD for UWE. Be sure to enter and assist etc, and feel free to work on any community stuff, but everything is progressing nicely.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

*cough* Guess I missed that fact. Shame on me :D But thanks for the hint! :)

Wasn't panicing, even though I see that it kinda looked alike that.
  • spada2555spada2555 Join Date: 2012-03-23 Member: 149245Members
    Nice. Good post. I appreciate it!