Beacon Weapon Loss Bug

BVKnightBVKnight Join Date: 2012-02-26 Member: 147496Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Has this happened to anyone else?</div>Several times as a marine, when my commander has beaconed me back to base, I have lost the upgraded weapon I was carrying. I go from having a shotgun or flamethrower to having a rifle again. It doesn't seem like this happens frequently, but has happened 4-5 times in the past two weeks.

I don't think that I'm doing anything to cause this, although that is a possibility since I don't usually notice until I have to fire my weapon again.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if this is an actual bug, or if I am buying rifles in my sleep or something, hehe.

I posted about this in the bug tracker, but I get the impression that is not followed regularly anymore. I wanted to post it here in case it is an actual bug, so it can get some attention.

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    So this could be an issue where you're hitting use to build something, you get beaconed back to base (still hitting use) right on top of an assault rifle and immediately pick it up. When it happens can you check if
    1. You were hitting use right before being beaconed and
    2. If the weapon you had was on the ground next to your feet