Stop Parasiting Power Nodes

2»

Comments

• DeityDeity Join Date: 2012-01-31 Member: 142843Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1910218:date=Mar 5 2012, 03:10 PM:name=Techercizer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techercizer @ Mar 5 2012, 03:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1910218"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's counter-intuitive and it causes new players to punish their teams/help the enemy. Veteran NS2 players can just adapt to taking the node down to 1%, but every time some newbie comes in and tries to help by finishing off what looks like an enemy structure, they screw over their team.

Either nodes should take seconds to repair fully, or they should take a while to resocket; the current discrepancy makes for confusing gameplay.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is hyperbole. New players don't screw over their team just because they take a power node from 1% to destroyed.

As others have already mentioned, power nodes aren't even worth the time other than marine start or a fully developed room.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    edited March 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1910744:date=Mar 6 2012, 06:40 PM:name=Deity)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Deity @ Mar 6 2012, 06:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1910744"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is hyperbole. New players don't screw over their team just because they take a power node from 1% to destroyed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    They don't always, but they can. That's 20 seconds worth of occupied marine time vs about 3 seconds, and just 10 extra seconds of time to organize a push or lock down a room in at a crucial point can decide a round. It's the difference that can force a team in Central Drilling to choose between fighting through another wave of skulks before getting their gate up, or making a PG that can be shut down in about a second.
  • DeityDeity Join Date: 2012-01-31 Member: 142843Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I see what you're saying, I just don't think its that big of a deal. In srs bsns competitive play it is obviously a non-issue as everyone is communicating and are theoretically not newbs at the game.

In pubs if you are chewing down the power node to 1% you are just wasting your time anyway. This is why I hold that it is a non-issue. And honestly if the situation does occur where a new player bites down a 1% rt, it's a pub game so who cares? It's just one of a huge number of ways that a new player can "screw over a team."
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2012
    I see a PG/RT/Armory, that is what I kill. Powernodes are only on my target list if we have at least 4 or 5 skulks there or we're attacking Attrium (that thing needs to be moved :D)
  • kororaskororas Join Date: 2010-09-16 Member: 74043Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1910185:date=Mar 5 2012, 06:03 PM:name=Nakorson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nakorson @ Mar 5 2012, 06:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1910185"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am doing just that. Sometimes i wait for a marine with a welder while cloaked :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lol i like your style. Reminds me of my own ;)