Walking backwards

124»

Comments

• LuKeLuKe Join Date: 2011-11-05 Member: 131316Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1908290:date=Feb 29 2012, 11:07 AM:name=mushookees)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mushookees @ Feb 29 2012, 11:07 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1908290"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->only nerf backward speed whilst firing

problem solved<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I liked the Idea of giving skulks leap from the start and increasing their movement speed as a counter, But I like this idea even better.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2012
    IF you want to dodge in a purely backwards direction -
    Step 1) Buy a shotgun and find a skulk
    Step 2) Move your cursor to the right/left
    Step 3) Press your right/left movement button and press jump
    Step 4) Move your cursor back to the front and shoot the skulk

Besides, anyone who has played aliens will know that marines dodging in a sideways and/or forward direction is 10x as effective as dodging in a backwards direction because you disappear from the view of the alien, cause him to overshoot, recalculate which direction you went, and have to build up acceleration again in a new direction which gives you a perfect sweet spot opportunity to shoot him. All of this buys you way more time than simply dodging backwards.

Also when in a squad of marines, it is better to dodge sideways so that you do not block the LOS of your teammates and allow them to help kill the alien even quicker

What all this means is that backwards movement speed is redundant anyway and simply boosting it will make the game easy mode (honestly no elitism intended).
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1908290:date=Feb 29 2012, 11:07 AM:name=mushookees)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mushookees @ Feb 29 2012, 11:07 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1908290"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->only nerf backward speed whilst firing

problem solved<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No now I just fire in spurts...
    Run a little
    Fire a little
    Run a little
    Fire a little
    The same result is obtained

<!--quoteo(post=1908307:date=Feb 29 2012, 11:38 AM:name=LuKe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LuKe @ Feb 29 2012, 11:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1908307"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I liked the Idea of giving skulks leap from the start and increasing their movement speed as a counter, But I like this idea even better.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I was more interested in this as well.
    Skulks had leap at start originally but it was taken away while performance was bad because it caused skulks to own marines to easily.
    Now that performance is better aiming is better overall.
    Plus a speed boost would maybe make the mid and late game skulk worth something.

Look people no one is denying it feels weird to not be able to run full tilt backwards in an FPS.
    But the game has to be fun for both sides. Without the slow backwards speed marines owned skulks too easily.
    The slow backwards thing fixed the problem for NS2 and it did the same for NS1 originally.

It really isn't that difficult to deal with and it fixes the issue ...and we are running out of time.