Alien Commander researches

FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">The idea from charlie.</div>I was browsing the NS2 wiki today and found this interessting little picture:

<a href="http://twitpic.com/56ybg/full" target="_blank">http://twitpic.com/56ybg/full</a>

After looking at the pics I just thought wow! What a cool idea!
Is this just a little mind play or is it really planed to be atleast tested with the PTs.
This idea would do the kham sooo much more interesting to play!

Comments

• VolccisVolccis Join Date: 2011-12-11 Member: 137452Members
    The picture doesnt tell much, but if I did read it correctly the system would give extra benefits for aliens on top of current carapace/regen/"celerity" system etc?

Example at start commander would buff skulks movement speed at the cost of reduced armor and damage. Later commander would buff lerks damage at cost of movement speed and armor. After that commander would buff fades carapace at cost of reduced movement speed and attack damage. And so on?

So this would be a buff for aliens or would you do take some of current systems away?
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    Yeah, I remember seeing this ages ago and could never find it again. I think it's be a cool way to do alien upgrades.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    edited February 2012
    Sounds like an amazing concept that could dramatically increase game variety and really bring the asymmetry many feel is being lost with the Kham back in full force. I really hope we all get a chance to test this system ourselves.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The funny thing is, this idea is over 900days old
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    So were crop duster trail spores and the Onos. Didn't make them any less amazing.
  • GadxGadx Join Date: 2003-03-22 Member: 14788Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Interesting ideas, wonder why it was never devolved more. It would make 1 hive aliens a bit more beefy though.