Will the NS2 price change?

2»

Comments

• Tool8Tool8 Join Date: 2012-01-01 Member: 139405Members
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1905387:date=Feb 21 2012, 08:09 AM:name=OnosFactory)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OnosFactory @ Feb 21 2012, 08:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1905387"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"There is one rule for the industrialist and that is: Make the <b>best quality of goods possible</b> at the <b>lowest cost possible</b>, paying the highest wage possible."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You know this is trying to combine the minimization principle and maximization principle? You can either go for the highest possible output with a set amount of input, or go for the lowest amount of input that will give you a fixed output. You can't do both at the same time. It's an economical basic rule.

I don't think there is really any reason to be discussing the thread. It's okay that there are people who tell UWE something about their willingness to pay whatever price. In the end it's UWE's decision, I for one hope that 35$ are just right in terms of revenue. But NS2 is not a matter of price tag for me, personally, but that's because I am kind of a fanboy when it comes to Natural Selection. :)
  • StarkwindStarkwind Join Date: 2011-07-26 Member: 112394Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1905081:date=Feb 20 2012, 03:41 AM:name=NS2HD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NS2HD @ Feb 20 2012, 03:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1905081"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Off topic, here in Australia we pay AU$100 - AU$110 (~US$107 - US$118) for AAA retail release. Seeing people say US$35 is expensive is surreal. US$60 for COD? Bargain!

Of course, the US market is the biggest so we must discuss in terms of that market :).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->+1<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation
    edited February 2012
    I think this game should be priced higher due to it's placement in a future 'ethical hacking prevention and game support system'. So many years of research and development will be for naught (0) 'zero' "nada" if the online experiences of "Natural Selection 2" become plagued with cheats & hacks.. The un-attainable is so much more attractive!

Included in the price, remember, is access to THIS QUALITY COMMUNITY!
    This is not a game we should expect everyone to play, but those that do will need to be interactive with peers. In considering, Korea would most certainly benefit from live broadcast of games, et cetera.

And there's still a story mode to be made!!
    HAHAHAHAA
  • SampsonSampson Join Date: 2012-01-06 Member: 139769Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1905725:date=Feb 21 2012, 11:51 PM:name=measles)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (measles @ Feb 21 2012, 11:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1905725"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And there's still a story mode to be made!!
    HAHAHAHAA<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yea, a community-made one perhaps lol... devs should put in a small training-tutorial deal... but that'll be far down the line.