Lerk Spores Tweak

PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted GorgeRichmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
edited March 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
Currently, regardless of your position, Spores will always generate from the Lerk's body (no flatulence related mishaps). How about...

When stationary, allow the Lerk to continuously pump Spores out where you point your cursor, to a certain range outward in front of you? For example, if you pump directly in front of you, there would be a medium length trail of Spores given enough time.

Long trails are still only made when the Lerk is mobile, and still generates from its body (to avoid obscuring Lerk player vision like currently)

Or as others have suggested, change it so it's always ranged; Lerks would need to adjust by crop-dusting with their view slightly tilted away from the direction they want to fly (to avoid vision impairment). That way, no more melee range required for Spore damage effectiveness, but close range instead.

Edit: Got a cool idea for Spores, perhaps mentioned before?

Allow Spore to extend trigger ability effects such as Umbra or Cloak into the clouds, for example:

<b>Umbra</b> - When Lerk carries an Umbra cloud with it, using Spore will create clouds with an Umbra particle effect, while retaining Spores' opaqueness.

<b>Cloak</b> - When Lerk is cloaked, using Spore will create nearly invisible clouds. Lerk remains cloaked until he stops spewing Spores. Ideally, the clouds would appear to Marines as ripples in the air, similar to a hot summer's day.

Comments

• 1stToast1stToast Join Date: 2007-12-02 Member: 63067Members
    I would like to see the spore shoot out of the front of the lerk a short distance. Maybe a body length and drift down a short distance before dissolving. With alien vision on the spore is invisible. I would like to have a slight color change so you can see the area that is covered.
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I have a simpler solution: Change Spores graphic effect to be initially 100% transparent, and becomes opaque over a fraction of a second.

This way, a fast moving Lerk will not be blinded.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    ^- Nice, that sounds perfect. I hope we can see Spores in the new AV design :D

Also, added another idea regarding Spore, no need to create a new topic~
  • internetexplorerinternetexplorer Join Date: 2011-10-13 Member: 127255Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1904442:date=Feb 17 2012, 09:53 PM:name=twiliteblue)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (twiliteblue @ Feb 17 2012, 09:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1904442"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have a simpler solution: Change Spores graphic effect to be initially 100% transparent, and becomes opaque over a fraction of a second.

This way, a fast moving Lerk will not be blinded.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is a really good idea.