Charge up Leap.

PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Skulk leap idea.</div>What if, you could charge up your leap by crouching (Ctrl) just like the hunter from L4D.

This would allow Leap to do considerable damage.

But! The longer you hold down crouch the more energy it requires to do your Leap. It will also take a good ~3 seconds to fully charge your leap. Biting while leaping can also happen allowing move damage to be inflicting in 1 burst (Parasite, leap, bite).

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Hmm, I'd like it better if it was shift key instead of crouch (ctrl), since that would make you drop to the ground and thus limit the possible multi-surface leap play.

It would basically drain 75%+ of your adrenaline with the current cost of Leap, which kinda makes it a high risk vs. high reward thing.
  • EstevooEstevoo Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 138993Members
    Hell no! You trying to make this mod looks like l4d? why? They need to be different. Maybe we should focus in new and 'different' things!
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Why not just make holding down the Alt fire charge the leap ?
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2012
    Or just scale Leap power based on the duration Right Click is held down. This Power Leap would only work when the Skulk is stationary, to encourage ambushing.
  • zastelszastels Join Date: 2003-11-29 Member: 23731Members
    edited February 2012
    I say no. three reasons.

1. Can't hear marines coming well enough yet

2. Rather have leap hurt energy, because I'd rather have more of a twitch aspect.

3. This feature is already on the fade for his power swing.
  • BearTaxiBearTaxi Join Date: 2011-11-15 Member: 133064Members
    Here's a shocking new idea, how about we don't try gimp out a vital movement tool with a forced charge up, infact, let's just leave it alone entirely!

I should make a thread about this.