The thing about weapon disappearing

WolpertingerWolpertinger Join Date: 2011-12-24 Member: 138958Members
I do not like it, and I think a lot of people do not like it as well.

How about instead of just disappearing the weapons would have to be destroyed by the aliens?
I know that game performance issues would come up if there would be a huge amount of not destroyed weapons, but I think Aliens would do their best to destroy weapons lying around.
This would happen by just biting them, etc.
Or they would just dissolve on infestation.

Comments

• Classic319Classic319 Join Date: 2010-11-06 Member: 74789Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1901068:date=Feb 9 2012, 05:23 AM:name=Wolpertinger)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wolpertinger @ Feb 9 2012, 05:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901068"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I do not like it, and I think a lot of people do not like it as well.

How about instead of just disappearing the weapons would have to be destroyed by the aliens?
    I know that game performance issues would come up if there would be a huge amount of not destroyed weapons, but I think Aliens would do their best to destroy weapons lying around.
    This would happen by just biting them, etc.
    Or they would just dissolve on infestation.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1 +1 +1
  • LizardheimLizardheim Join Date: 2012-02-04 Member: 143603Members
    Just dissolving on infection sounds like a good idea tbh, allows you to go back and reclaim it as long as the area wasn't covered in infection.
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited February 2012
    The common assault rifle you spawn with should disapear as it currently does, It's such a disposible gun aliens wouldn't chomp it. But purchased weapons shouldn't. and should be destroyed by aliens.

Weapons disolving on infestation sounds like a great compromise too and would benifit performance.
    Would also give a Kharmmader a tactic of assaulting an area with infestation.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    +1 on alien-destroyed weapons, whether through active attacking or through passive infestation.