101 Ways to Crash NS2

2»

Comments

• MrYiffMrYiff Join Date: 2004-08-24 Member: 30867Members, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1907005:date=Feb 26 2012, 12:33 AM:name=Drummer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Drummer @ Feb 26 2012, 12:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1907005"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i have certainly noticed more crashes in 198, tho i think its mainly server crashes that ive had. the game slows to a crawl, i see connection problems detected, and at that point i just type disconnect in console and rejoin when the server gets back up<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, there is a known issue with the server code that means memory usage increase dramatically as a game progresses, I imagine Max and co. will be investigating this further on monday.
  • ArgathorArgathor Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110942Members, Squad Five Blue
    Ive had a few more crashes recently (but all simply while tabbed out of NS2) and it dawned on me...

The fact that when NS2 crashes I cannot actually get to the debug report, so have to kill the window to close NS2 means that I can never actually submit the debug report. Surely this is about as counter productive as you can get. Since this means that even just from me, UWE are missing perhaps 300+ crash reports. Across the community it is no doubt many thousands. Surely this is infact one of the larger and more significant bugs itself, that the debug report doesnt allow you to use it.
  • SkieSkie Skulk Progenitor Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21766Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    There's something wrong with the debug tool that starts after NS2 crashes. It gets stuck trying to send the report every time for me, sadly.

I haven't had a lot of crashes recently, though. Just one or two.