Spike ball shooting Hydra

BroseidonBroseidon Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110935Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Fixing the Hydra</div>Idea: The Hydra will shoot away it's spike balls rapidly hitting the marines. When the Hydra have shot one spike ball it will need time to regrow to shoot again, the other spike balls can still shoot while the others are growing back. if all spike balls are regrowing it can't attack and is now very vulnerable. The spike balls makes 25 dmg, 3 spike balls per hydra 75 dmg total.
This way the Hydra will scale good with the marine armor upgrades as well:
armor 0: 2 hydras to kill 1 marine 6 spike balls
armor 1: -II-/same
armor 2: 3 hydras to kill 1 marine 7 spike balls
armor 3: 3 hydras to kill 1 marine 8 spike balls
assuming that the spike balls will make the same amount of damage to armor and health of course.
One hydra is not a waste of P-Res either cause it severely hurts the marine that can easily be killed of by a life form. If the Hydra isn't killed it can regrow it's spike balls to help another day. This also gives marines the ability to clear Hydra fields by sending in a MAC or ARC to soak up the spike balls so the marines then easily can kill of the defenseless Hydras. This new Hydra will not attack structures.
Spike ball regrow time: 8 sec
P-res cost: 5

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    edited February 2012
    Saw this in the "Remove the Hydra" thread, and I gotta say it sounds pretty darn good. Although, I think the PRes cost would be fine at 10 or 8 to limit the Hydra spamming (burst damage in numbers =/= fun for Marines)
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    whats about:
    if hydras only die if they are burned with flamethrower, or killed with arcs?
    So if a rifle or grenade hits them, the hydra will lose health and grow back to small, but they will not die (removed).
    Like if they are placed, if you understand what i mean.
    hydra get shot by rifle -> hydra get 0 health -> hydra shrinks -> if a gorge heal it, it will grow back to 100% without getting removed(killed).

anyway i think the hydras are WAY to weak, i remember the offensive chamber in ns1 are way more powerfull.
    In ns2 i have the feeling hydras shoot with peanuts...