Medical dart attachment

saltybp53saltybp53 Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72675Members
<div class="IPBDescription">For the marine rifle of course :D</div>In crucial moments of attacking, I don't see commanders helping his team with medpacks because they're occupied or they arn't quick enough. Marine welding is too slow and you have to stand next to them in combat, often blocking them or hindering their combat ability. The aliens have a gorge which can fight and heal but for the marines, they have to rely on the commander, or leave the battle so someone can weld them.

So here's the idea, a medical dart attachment for the marine rifle. Works like the grenade launcher attachment but launches a dart that heals teammates on hit. Reloads like the grenade launcher, but carries much more darts and isn't hitscan. Think of the Killing Floor MP7m medic gun. This allows marines to attack and not have to rely on medpacks from commander as much. It should heal as much as a medpack, but not replace it entirely. Yes, commanders will get better and be able to drop medpacks faster as they improve, but this takes the load off them.

Or, since welders are a separate weapon, make the medical dart launcher a separate weapon, whatever floats your boat.

Comments

• subshadowsubshadow Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15710Members
    I think it's good the way it is.
    Marines have the healthpack send from above, gorges heal aliens closeby.

Sounds like you just need a better commander wich has experience with the hotkeys.
  • FroztyFrozty SWEDEN Join Date: 2012-01-22 Member: 141596Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1898337:date=Jan 31 2012, 03:37 AM:name=subshadow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (subshadow @ Jan 31 2012, 03:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1898337"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think it's good the way it is.
    Marines have the healthpack send from above, gorges heal aliens closeby.

Sounds like you just need a better commander wich has experience with the hotkeys.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Remember this game have to be "public" friendly 2 and not just for pro commanders.
    But i see your point. We dont want a medic from "TF2" haha with Ùberg Charge ^^
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited January 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1898310:date=Jan 31 2012, 05:15 AM:name=saltybp53)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (saltybp53 @ Jan 31 2012, 05:15 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1898310"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In crucial moments of attacking, I don't see commanders helping his team with medpacks because they're occupied or they arn't quick enough. Marine welding is too slow and you have to stand next to them in combat, often blocking them or hindering their combat ability. The aliens have a gorge which can fight and heal but for the marines, they have to rely on the commander, or leave the battle so someone can weld them.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You forget the Armory...heals in a sec, can be placed everywhere (where power is) and heal all marines very quick.

Also the "real" welder come soon, if you don't notice that hint in the game ;).
    If you join a game and see the concept arts, you can see one marine holding a welder, maybe thats the way how the welder will look like.
    Anyway they announce the welder with a tooltip at the commander menu.
    So i think a medical dart isn't good and did not match to the game.
    I would like some drinks dispenser, randomly in the map, like it is now, but you can not use them, would be fun to use one, spend 1-2 res and get 50% healed
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2012
    I don't see where this fits with marines. The only place where the medic crossbow mechanic fits in ns2 would be the gorge, enhancing the spitball with a concentrated heal/poison effect.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1898350:date=Jan 31 2012, 11:49 AM:name=Price)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Price @ Jan 31 2012, 11:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1898350"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You forget the Armory...heals in a sec, can be placed everywhere (where power is) and heal all marines very quick.

I would like some drinks dispenser, randomly in the map, like it is now, but you can not use them, would be fun to use one, spend 1-2 res and get 50% healed<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lol, High Energy Drinks for sale in a vending machine provide a minor catalyst/health hybrid. Drinks available from all vending machines include:

Red Skulk
    Kharaa Energy
    Leap
    Bong Water Energy

Actually we can't use Bong Water Energy, thats a real energy drink, lol.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    Don't forget GorgeThirst! 9/10 Gorges prefer to infest GorgeThirst over the next leading competitor. All these genocidal aliens can't be wrong!
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1898363:date=Jan 31 2012, 08:01 PM:name=RobB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobB @ Jan 31 2012, 08:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1898363"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't see where this fits with marines. The only place where the medic crossbow mechanic fits in ns2 would be the gorge, enhancing the spitball with a concentrated heal/poison effect.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I don't know how serious this idea was, but I like this idea. The problem with gorge heal is that it basically means gorges MUST stay behind the front lines (and act as kind of like a resupply depot for fades and lerks) and can't help their teammates at the actual battle-lines. Watch some of the NS2HD casts where Hugh goes gorge... it's pretty dull (and the game often ends without him). If you had targeted burst-heals that use a comparable amount of energy (but require aiming), on the other hand... it gives the gorge another option.
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    wait, I make a new topic for this.