'No Build' group - someone please explain?

zombiehellmonkeyzombiehellmonkey Join Date: 2007-08-31 Member: 62093Members, Squad Five Blue
<div class="IPBDescription">tried searching but to no avail</div>There is no information on the 'no build' group anywhere, can someone please explain? Also can geometry and props belong to more than one group?

I also want to stop infestation spreading across walls between rooms, does anyone know how this could be achieved?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Props included in a group usually don't get the group's effect (at least last time I tested with NoCollision); that's why props have extra flags like comm alpha, although they could use more of these options in the future.
    Geometry can only belong to one group (last tested a month ago).
    Include geometry in the NoBuild group that commanders should not be able to build on. That geometry is visible and treated like all the other geometry, so no extra faces needed like with invisible CollisionGeometry.
  • zombiehellmonkeyzombiehellmonkey Join Date: 2007-08-31 Member: 62093Members, Squad Five Blue
    Thanks pSyko for clearing that up for me.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    We really need some kind of compendium or FAQ for little questions like this.
  • zombiehellmonkeyzombiehellmonkey Join Date: 2007-08-31 Member: 62093Members, Squad Five Blue
    Is anyone else having an issue with the NoBuild group? I'm still able to place cysts on geometry in the NoBuild group.