Alien/Structure notifications

KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Infestation determined</div>As a game balance idea, here's what I came up with:
<ul><li>Broadcasting of alien/structure damage is only seen when it occurs over infestation.</li><li>Commander sees all notifications, normal players do not.</li><li>Normal players only see the information when they are on infestation connected to the same cyst network on which the information is being reported from.</li></ul>
This is a bit of a nerf when aliens are pushing, but a buff when they are playing defensively, it's also a bit more realistic, and will add some diversity to how the sides play differently, i.e. make the alien game more unique and seperate from how marines are played. This will also ease server load a bit, and also give infestation more game importance.

Comments

• CataclyzmCataclyzm Join Date: 2005-01-06 Member: 33031Members
    Interesting idea. It requires more feedback from the commander, too.

Depending on the degree, you could apply this concept to hive sight (term?), too.
    - Marines locations on infestation
    - Buff Structure Locations (not currently in the system, but I think crags/shades need an outline)
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1892372:date=Jan 2 2012, 09:21 AM:name=Cataclyzm)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cataclyzm @ Jan 2 2012, 09:21 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1892372"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Interesting idea. It requires more feedback from the commander, too.

Depending on the degree, you could apply this concept to hive sight (term?), too.
    - Marines locations on infestation
    - Buff Structure Locations (not currently in the system, but I think crags/shades need an outline)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, with this sort of system, you can buff the damage indicators, make them very useful when you're within range.