In game tickets to help stop stalemates

slippydawg?slippydawg? Join Date: 2011-12-19 Member: 138545Members
Hi,

I was browsing the forums and could not find any topic on this one sorry if i have missed it but here is my 2 cents.

I have been reading alot about stale mates and ways to stop this I have come up with a could be soloution that being the game has tickets for each side and the tickets would count down with factors of how many nodes your team has captured. This would help the game progress and stop turtling due to the fact that you need to keep being agressive to try and capture those nodes.

Of course the ticket count would be large so that the game can keep swinging in the balance of either side ect ect.

And of course the game can still be won be destroying the other teams base.

Kind Regards

Comments

• Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    i remember seeing a similar topic somewhere before, but i don't remember exactly where. so at least you're not alone with that oppinion.
    since onos and jetpack seem to make it into the game pretty soon, the stalemates will hopefully disappear. afaik they are already putting some efforts into adressing stalemates.
    i hope it's NOT tickets though, because this creates artifical pressure which i personally find more annoying than fun (its like that time limit in super mario). this is why i suggested draw and surrender votes instead, as a last resort for very unpleasant or desperately stuck games.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    there will not be any artificial game enders. instead we are going to adress turrets, add tier 3 and will further balance the game. adding any artificial game enders would just prevent us from balancing the game properly, since we never would see what's going wrong, which numbers to tweak and which features to adjust
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    edited December 2011
    sounds good to me, i actually like balanced, player-based matches the most as it has an atmosphere of "whatever i do now is important, it could change the outcome of the match". and if we are spared the hassle of slowly cutting through turret farms, i dont think anyone will seriously complain anymore. so far, most people even play those 80-minutes-and-1000+-teamres-matches without recycling or moving to ready room.

but just to bring it up the other side: unexpected comebacks are fun to people too, it allows certain players or the commander to stand out as "heros" for accomplishing something which required a lot of strategy/skill/luck. i also hope those comebacks will still be possible, perhaps only using some risky, aggressive strategies e.g. rushing powernode or hive without caring much for defense. if those comeback are not possible anymore, people might stop listening to the commander at some point, or even ragequit more often.