Better Minimap

DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
I currently have the problem that the minimap icons of buildings and especially of the players don't really stand out from the minimap background. All the colors are dark: dark blue/yellow background, dark green player, dark red enemy, dark grey buildings. This is not very distinctive.
I have to actively look into the minimap corner to be able to see anything on it, so I usually just fall back to the practice of using the key for the big map so my eyes can stay focused on the middle of the screen.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    +1

However, the minimap icons are still not fully implemented, there are still buildings missing on it, I think that should have a little more attention.
  • WolpertingerWolpertinger Join Date: 2011-12-24 Member: 138958Members
    +1

Also it would be nice to toggle the minimap between complete simple overview and close-up of the area around the player.

And I think there should be a clear indicator whether your side or the enemy has "captured" an area.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1891692:date=Dec 26 2011, 02:48 PM:name=Wolpertinger)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wolpertinger @ Dec 26 2011, 02:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1891692"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->+1

Also it would be nice to toggle the minimap between complete simple overview and close-up of the area around the player.

And I think there should be a clear indicator whether your side or the enemy has "captured" an area.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    As marines you already have a close-up minimap in the corner of the screen, and then you can press C for a large overview.
  • WolpertingerWolpertinger Join Date: 2011-12-24 Member: 138958Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1891698:date=Dec 26 2011, 03:57 PM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Dec 26 2011, 03:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1891698"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As marines you already have a close-up minimap in the corner of the screen, and then you can press C for a large overview.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, I know. But I meant to toggle the minimap that is on your display by default. That you could toggle that between close-up and overview.
    And I would like to have that minim-map display a little bit bigger. Surely it is possible to offer different sizes?