Hivemind

Evil_bOb1Evil_bOb1 Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 938Members, Squad Five Blue
<div class="IPBDescription">Alien commander is a bot</div>Title is pretty self explanatory. This is just a little idea with the apparition of bots and the idea of a hivemind assymetric gameplay.

Maybe through voting the hivemind focuses on tech, resources or new hive. Each player directs the hivemind focus and the hivemind automatically goes for the nearest rt for example. Infestation would spread automatically to where the hivemind wants to go.

The hivemind is basically a weighted balance of what the players want to focus on. A gorge could maybe have more control on the will of the hivemind.

Comments

• IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    that's pretty much how natural selection 1 works... just saying.

I don't think this idea will get much steam because of the fact a lot of people would like to see a proper player commander for aliens work... better.
  • Evil_bOb1Evil_bOb1 Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 938Members, Squad Five Blue
    Lol, don't get me wrong I love alien commander but:

<!--quoteo(post=1890575:date=Dec 16 2011, 06:35 PM:name=Ironsoul)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ironsoul @ Dec 16 2011, 06:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1890575"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->that's pretty much how natural selection 1 works...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just saying :p
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    edited December 2011
    interesting idea and it might actually turn out fine in the long run.
    i personally do not like it though:
    currently, UWE is trying to get someone to help them with bots, i quote from a homepage twitter message:
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Oh, and by "bot", I mean: one that can play every role (including every alien and both commanders), <b>in an extremely basic way (1st game)</b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    as you can see, for a kharaa commander to be able to keep up with a human it will probably require a lot of time and effort. effort that could be spend on something else instead. also, people are having fun commanding (some at least, like me). why take that away? it's a nice feature to have in this game. after all, it is often advertised as "combining fps and rts". you don't see games like dota of league of legends being advertised as "rts" right? that's because computers control the armies.
    however, adjusting the behaviour to match the players' desires is a good idea. still, this means the kharaa players will often be busy voting in order to adapt to current situations. people might not like that. and if you remove the voting, the commander might lack supportive teamplay.

if this is still being implemented for some reason, please involve machine learning: given sets of annotated examples, the AI can actually be trained similar to a human brain.