Where are we at and what's still planned?

Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Members
As we're nearing the end of another year and the game is coming along quite nicely, i was just wondering what's still to come?

I know there's probably not a comprehensive list of stuff they're going to add for certain, things change all the time, but what will it likely take to get to 1.0 and can we expect to see anything else afterwards?

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Oh I dunno, from the top of my head:

Performance optimizations, Jetpacks, Prototype lab, Welder, Heavy EXO + Minigun, Alien new upgrade system, Shift, Onos, Final implementation of Dynamic Infestation, mo maps, map downloading, new HUD's, loading screens :P

And perhaps more in the dev's mind :)
  • PampelmusePampelmuse Join Date: 2005-04-06 Member: 47641Members
    Didnt the devs announce a few more weapons for the exo? I remember some kind of grappling arm and a railgun..

And another chamber has yet to be released.
  • Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Members
    Are they still going to add some new themes?

I remember seeing something of an organic nature theme early on, i think that would be great after playing in a cold dark industrial environment for so long.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Mineshaft (coming in next patch or one after) has some natural environment, cave type areas.

Another new theme that will be out later is the clean laboratory theme.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    Exosuits are planned to be equipped with one minigun and some kind of robot arm by default.
    Then you should be able to upgrade to two miniguns, or a railgun(which might do damage to fades in etheral?).
  • Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1889201:date=Dec 8 2011, 12:30 PM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Dec 8 2011, 12:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1889201"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Exosuits are planned to be equipped with one minigun and some kind of robot arm by default.
    Then you should be able to upgrade to two miniguns, or a railgun(which might do damage to fades in etheral?).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's cool, didn't know it would get so much firepower.

So is that all that's left then, i imagine the mod community might come up with something that goes official, will be interesting to see what happens.