NS2 Maps and Mods Database

2»

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    You'll probably find maps like eclipse and veil will be tied into the official maps rather than a custom map pack. To be fair, many mappers are getting a little unsure about whether their map is actually going to continue working. I've decided to plough on with my anyway, but I keep making changes, having new ideas. I think the custom maps will probably start hitting at or around v1.0, although I may be a bit later than that!
  • endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    I guess I was thinking include all the maps? maybe an automated process of taking a snapshot of all the maps and putting them into 1 zip file which can be downloaded, weekly or something similar.

I guess the only problems are, how big would the map pack get?
    Is it possible for a map to contain something malicious? I doubt it.
    It won't be as important when we finally get auto map downloading from servers, but until then.
  • zombiehellmonkeyzombiehellmonkey Join Date: 2007-08-31 Member: 62093Members, Squad Five Blue
    Hey, I've just added my map NS2_Kleos to the Duplex gaming database <a href="http://www.duplexgaming.co.uk/downloads/maps/67/ns2_kleos/" target="_blank">http://www.duplexgaming.co.uk/downloads/maps/67/ns2_kleos/</a>

Please give it a whirl, and I appreciate any feedback to help improve this alpha.
  • ArgathorArgathor Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110942Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2012
    The site is currently down and I am awaiting an explantation as to why (and any idea as to when it will be back up).

Logging on to my hosting control panel it displays:

<b>Server Status: Destroyed</b>

I am assuming that is not at all healthy for a server, haha! I will post when I have an idea of when it will be working again and hopefully an explanation as to how the server became destroyed (I blame swalk!).
    <!--quoteo(post=1898532:date=Feb 1 2012, 06:54 AM:name=endar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (endar @ Feb 1 2012, 06:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1898532"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I guess I was thinking include all the maps? maybe an automated process of taking a snapshot of all the maps and putting them into 1 zip file which can be downloaded, weekly or something similar.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    An automatic map pack is a little out of my ability right now, but I am sure swalk powered map packs works as well!

All of them should work fine for quite a while, as there are so few maps and they take such an incredibly amount of time to complete. If anyone does know of a way maps can be malicious, feel free to explain (or let me know somehow) and we can do our best to avoid it.

I have incorporated your idea of a map pack into my v2 design, so will have it working once that is finished and up.
    The site should be back up and fully functional again.

I am told the server had a few hardware malfunctions and died a horribly painful death. Luckily it seems they are quite fast at moving things to a new server!