A Gift for Those that Preordered

CataclyzmCataclyzm Join Date: 2005-01-06 Member: 33031Members
How about a nice little icon in NS1 for those that preordered? You know, like the Constellation and Playtester icons? It's like free advertising... "hey, so and so jumped on the band wagon... maybe I should, too".

Comments

• ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1887781:date=Dec 1 2011, 02:21 PM:name=Cataclyzm)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cataclyzm @ Dec 1 2011, 02:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1887781"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How about a nice little icon in NS1 for those that preordered? You know, like the Constellation and Playtester icons? It's like free advertising... "hey, so and so jumped on the band wagon... maybe I should, too".<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think most of the people who play NS1 already know about NS2 and have made their decision about buying the game. Also there are not many people playing NS1 anymore so the value of advertising in it would not be very big. I don't know how much time would be needed to develop this kind of feature but i am afraid it might be surprisingly big because of the fact that the source code is mostly abandoned.
  • CataclyzmCataclyzm Join Date: 2005-01-06 Member: 33031Members
    I'll take that as a "good idea". =)

I think you underestimate the power of mob-advertising. Most of us do it everyday... look at your shirt for starters (or your shoes)(or your car).
    I think you underestimate the number of people that do play.
    I think I underestimate the amount of work that would be needed.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1887782:date=Dec 1 2011, 01:32 PM:name=Zeikko)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zeikko @ Dec 1 2011, 01:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1887782"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think most of the people who play NS1 already know about NS2 and have made their decision about buying the game. Also there are not many people playing NS1 anymore so the value of advertising in it would not be very big. I don't know how much time would be needed to develop this kind of feature but i am afraid it might be surprisingly big because of the fact that the source code is mostly abandoned.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Constellation is included so it is no problem to register all those steam ids for NS1 and giving them a Icon.
    They may just change your id from the group of normal members to a new NS2 pre order group that's all.
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    "Hey look that guy bought NS2 and is back playing NS1 LOL crap game is crap"

I could totally see people saying that ingame. Also, the premier NS1-server wonga.ns has its own custom-icons overriding NS1's, therefor this gift wouldn't even be visible on the only server that still has a solid player-base.