Idea: Mini Sentries.

PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Mini sentries for marines to place.</div>An idea sprung to mind and I thought:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What if the marines (Not commander) could place mini sentries for a temporary defence so it will be easier for marines to temporarily secure an area while the commander is busy elsewhere.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Basically, this could only be used by a squad and there can be only 1 mini-sentry per squad. The commander will give the squad a mini-sentry to help.

The mini-sentry will have a temporary life span and/or limited bullets (That can't be restocked). Its damage will be ~1/2 of the normal sentries bullets and range/accuracy will be low.

It will basically be used to show dominance and to make the aliens scared to enter that area. Its model could the same or similar to the normal sentry to trick the alien team.

Tell me what you think of this guys.

Comments

• IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    I don't mean to be tooo negative. But this basically allows the aliens to be completely locked down.

My idea, which would enable your idea. is to allow aliens to knock sentires(and mini sentries) over in a way similar to half life 2. Also sentries can be picked up again.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    Marines doesn't really need any more static defense, we already have mines in the upcoming patch.
    And knocking sentries over, HL2 style, would render sentries completely useless.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    My own take on this idea, would be buying a soldier-turret at an armory (after it's been researched), this replaces your primary weapon, and it straps to your back, you move with your pistol at a reduced speed.

Would also like alternative secondary options to complement the player, welder/taser/alien-only-melee options. I don't want to reinvent the wheel, but the game has room for more depth in this regard imo.
  • LUSITANERLUSITANER Join Date: 2010-09-19 Member: 74086Members
    With the same model and with the (almost) same function as the normal sentry, i dont think thats needed.