c0kec0ke Join Date: 2004-07-02 Member: 29676Members
edited October 2011 in NS2 General Discussion
ive just played ns2 the first time since a while and i'd like to share what i think should be improved, especially at alien gameplay

1. cloak-animations are totally messed up. being cloaked gives you a really annoying vision that makes you wish to uncloak as soon as possible
the animation that appears at other players and structures that are cloaked is not very well-thought too. just make it similar to ns1?

2. the entire alien-movement is awful. its like your movement is delayed and jumping feels like "uh i dont wanna jump.. but.. i have to..". very <i>unnatural</i>

3. some things are missing at the UI:
- where do you see your hives status?
- why do you have to open the (very unhandy) evolve-menu to see your resources?
- why do you have to open your scoreboard to see the evolving-progress?

and why does ESC not cancle the console-mode?

some things that need some rework imo, and i just played about 1h now, but thats what instantly catched my eyes

hope to see some improvements soon (marine already plays much better)

Comments

• elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    welcome back :p.
    1) I think cloak first person effect was intentionally designed that way. It messes you up if you use alien flashlight with cloak as well.
    2) Theres this bug where if your at the very edge where the floor meets the wall, jumping doesnt work.
    3) I agree there needs to be some way to quickly see hive status, but you can see your resources in the scoretab without going evolve menu. Not sure what you mean by the evolving progress only on scoretab though?
    4) Just press tilda again.. :p
  • HybridclawHybridclaw Join Date: 2003-11-03 Member: 22271Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1879763:date=Oct 13 2011, 03:58 PM:name=c0ke)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (c0ke @ Oct 13 2011, 03:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1879763"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->1. cloak-animations are totally messed up. being cloaked gives you a really annoying vision that makes you wish to uncloak as soon as possible
    the animation that appears at other players and structures that are cloaked is not very well-thought too. just make it similar to ns1?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agreed.

The shade would be more useful if it did this to marine vision instead of the wavy environment effect.