The Whip

2»

Comments

• TimTim Join Date: 2011-07-24 Member: 111958Members
    Thread is starting to go a bit off topic now :p

I think i'd like to see this included in the beta with most of the suggestions in this thread.

If it turns out to be horrible / OP when a public beta comes it can be removed easily enough.
    I'd think a playtest either with the prototyping mod or the pre-release should get the balance sorted a bit.

In my opinion it's only a hard-counter solution if it's a 100% deflection chance, having a lower chance to deflect will at least make the alien comm ask the question of whether or not it's worth spending the extra res to possibly block a couple of grenades.
    Plus it makes it more natural since even professional tennis players miss the ball occasionally.

Essentially I think this feature should be included when the marines have access to HMG's and/or Heavy Armour - whip/hydra = no problem.
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2011
    I just found a bug with the whip which can cause its attacks miss crouching Marines.

There is also an old bug that locks the Whip into a mode (rooted/uprooted), if Fury is cast during the transition animation.