Reload interupt

GeneralBowserGeneralBowser Join Date: 2010-05-19 Member: 71801Members
While I am sure that some might find this usefull, I think the majority of the users will find it rather confusing.

When I press my reload button I want my gub to reload, no matter what happens, its that simple :)

Is there a way to turn this off?

Comments

• SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    client side? no, just don't press the fire button when reloading your rifle. one could write an client mod that would preventing sending the +attack command during rifle reload, but there is none currently. the only option to prevent cancellation of reloading (at the moment) is my <b><u>server side</u></b> mod
  • GeneralBowserGeneralBowser Join Date: 2010-05-19 Member: 71801Members
    Well in that case I would like to suggest to the devs to either remove this or make it an option for players..
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2011
    The middleway:

all it needs is, that after somewhat between 70-90% of the animation has played you cant reset the reload anymore... so the last ~0.5-1s => point of no return.

For me it happens very often in combat, that i accidently reset the reload in the last milisecond/s - starting to fire at the ~same time the sound and animation finishes => resets the reload very often for me...

Please change it :(
  • AgielAgiel Join Date: 2006-11-14 Member: 58605Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited October 2011
    I actually haven't had a problem with this, but the only things that should interrupt reload imo are melee, switching weapon and possibly sprint.

Edit: Unless it's a shotgun, in which case it should be possible to interrupt the sequence in between loading shells by pressing (and holding so you don't miss the window) the fire button.
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    IMO it's fine. Just listen for the sound at the end of reloading before firing.
  • GeneralBowserGeneralBowser Join Date: 2010-05-19 Member: 71801Members
    Button to turn it off will make both sides happy..