AlienRespawn Bug possible fix

SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
I found some part in the lua code that is causing an error for the alien team. i doubt this is now the ultimate fix, but feel free to try it out. it's server side, clients don't need to download it.

place it in ns2/lua/<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?iuslhjrdscnu234" target="_blank">AlienTeam.lua</a>

Comments

• endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    I've added this in, i'll let you know the results.
  • endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2011
    Currently in a game with this code applied, but we are unable to spawn.

edit: It fixed after about 2 minutes, we had eggs the whole time. Could be something else, i'll keep you updated.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    edited October 2011
    can you maybe send me the server logs from a game where the spawn bug occurred?

update: The bad news is: I cannot find the cause of that bug. The good news is: I maybe found a work around. I rewrote some code, and hopefully this will fix the problem. I will upload that fix once I tested it a bit.

update2: ok, I have currently nobody for testing here, but it worked for me with dedicated server and vanilla ns2 client.
    You can download the fix <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?vmdl8f6ovp8eb1i" target="_blank">here</a> and extract that files to ns2/lua/

I give no guarantee that it works, so make sure to save Egg.lua and AlienTeam.lua before.
  • CygoneCygone Join Date: 2011-05-29 Member: 101528Members
    at least some ppl work at the weekend =)
    edited October 2011
    masses and masses of crashes in this patch
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2011
    I've only seen one crash so far and it's been a client crash.

Plus if the server was running the old GMOvermind mod then that's probably what's causing the crashes. Make sure the servers updated to the new small fix of the overmind mod. Fixes the flame/obs issues. The only actual issue i've seen so far which is spawn bug, which a patch should be up by monday.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I played some games on HBZ today and the Server randomly crashed several times even in earlygames.
    <!--quoteo(post=1878650:date=Oct 8 2011, 02:28 PM:name=Floodinator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Floodinator @ Oct 8 2011, 02:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1878650"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I played some games on HBZ today and the Server randomly crashed several times even in earlygames.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i was with you
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    i would be cool to see some server logs. I'm unable to reproduce this problem :(
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I starded a Server hoping that it crashes.
    If it does where can I find the Log file? I hate win 7 and its unlogical methods saving data everywhere but not in the NS2 mainfolder.
    open explorer and type %appdata% -> Natural Selection 2
    Ty. the Server works now, couldn't connect to it, so if anyone want to stresstest a Server its running on 28 slots. Get it crashed ^^. Or i will spam bots. Hehe should also work.
    It crashed but with absoluetly no errors. The only thing I saw is that what I sent you per steam.
    I think dePara found the bug today, and I hopefully fixed it now
    I uploaded it together with some other balance related changes (and a bug fix for sentry targeting):

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=115099" target="_blank">Balance Mod 1.0</a>

If you want only the sentry and respawn fix, copy Egg.lua, AlienTeam.lua, Team.lua and Sentry_Server.lua in your ns2/lua/ directory. You can also start that mod and disable individual features (described in the related thread <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=115099" target="_blank">Balance Mod</a>)