Should More People Have Black Armour?

2»

Comments

• RisingSunRisingSun Rising California Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited October 2011
    Shilorius, i am talking to UWE through email to get my second copy of NS2 Special Edition given to you. You more than deserve it and my Wife (the one who i originally gave it too) will never play this game let alone represent the Black Armor well. It is tied to her Steam account but i think this can be reversed. Posting here so UWE sees this and hopefully skips down the long inbox list to my email :P

*edit* was answered quickly and with success. Love UWE and i am sure Shil will too.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1878184:date=Oct 5 2011, 11:25 PM:name=Shilorius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shilorius @ Oct 5 2011, 11:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1878184"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I know.. but if someone has a black armor he is seen by many people as a pro... even if you can smoke him easily.
    but wearing the "noob suit" makes you look like a noob...even if you have like 300+ hours of gaming experience.

Maybe it is infantile to care about such minor things (a skulk doesn't care if he dilacerates a black or a green armor marine)
    but for me this is important.

and I don't know <i>why</i> exactly it is important for me.. but it is..
    Maybe it is because I have like 300+ hours of gaming time and 373 posts in the forum, but still look like a noob.. as opposed to someone who baught the special edition and just playtestet build 10 for 20 minutes... or so.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

True, but if we let the noobs run around in black armor us pros are going to look like noobs too and we can't have that!

xD
  • CerebralCerebral Join Date: 2003-06-25 Member: 17689Members
    I can say with 100% honesty that I have never noticed that marines have different colors while playing the game. This is coming from someone who pre-ordered SE prior to Alpha. I'm not sure why it's such a big deal to everyone exactly.
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
    A good thing would be to refer to the 'black armor' as first wave
    instead of 'pros'.
    (To be honest I'm not that pro...yet i have black armor...just because i signed up early)

The 'First Wave' could be tied into their Lore...

Once they realized the problem the Frontiersman were formed.
    The First Wave were men and women who all joined voluntarily.
    As their numbers depleted drastically, a draft was enacted to hopefully turn the tide.

I am not opposed to UW making a little cash with some customization of skins models etc.
    I think in general this is a good concept ... it makes the playing field look more diversified.
    I would agree I would not want it to devolve to silly hats ... but I don't think they do either.
    TF2 is more suitable for silly hats due to its cartoonish nature.

I also wouldn't mind if they gave the later BETA people a badge or something (custom skin).
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1878412:date=Oct 7 2011, 11:40 AM:name=Cerebral)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cerebral @ Oct 7 2011, 11:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1878412"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I can say with 100% honesty that I have never noticed that marines have different colors while playing the game. This is coming from someone who pre-ordered SE prior to Alpha. I'm not sure why it's such a big deal to everyone exactly.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's status.
    (No, I do not feel like it's some deserved status, it's merely something some people have, and some don't, so people want it.)
  • CygoneCygone Join Date: 2011-05-29 Member: 101528Members
    I actually dont know what color my armor is, because I ordered ns2 ages ago, but didnt play it for a good 6months. And I cant remember what version i ordered.

Black armor, imo given to all in Alpha / Beta, give another color to special edition owners, and let people chose thier armor color in game. Everyone wins?
  • SilverwingSilverwing bulletsponge Join Date: 2003-11-23 Member: 23395Members, Constellation
  • SkymanderXSkymanderX Green Marine - The Few, The Proud, The Green. Join Date: 2011-07-29 Member: 113006Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1878413:date=Oct 7 2011, 11:52 AM:name=kingmob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingmob @ Oct 7 2011, 11:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1878413"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A good thing would be to refer to the 'black armor' as first wave
    instead of 'pros'.
    (To be honest I'm not that pro...yet i have black armor...just because i signed up early)

The 'First Wave' could be tied into their Lore...

Once they realized the problem the Frontiersman were formed.
    The First Wave were men and women who all joined voluntarily.
    As their numbers depleted drastically, a draft was enacted to hopefully turn the tide.

I am not opposed to UW making a little cash with some customization of skins models etc.
    I think in general this is a good concept ... it makes the playing field look more diversified.
    I would agree I would not want it to devolve to silly hats ... but I don't think they do either.
    TF2 is more suitable for silly hats due to its cartoonish nature.

I also wouldn't mind if they gave the later BETA people a badge or something (custom skin).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Maybe but the fronterisman were never drafted anyway.
  • HybridclawHybridclaw Join Date: 2003-11-03 Member: 22271Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1878413:date=Oct 7 2011, 11:52 AM:name=kingmob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingmob @ Oct 7 2011, 11:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1878413"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I also wouldn't mind if they gave the later BETA people a badge or something (custom skin).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A badge or a <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoulder_sleeve_insignia" target="_blank">shoulder sleeve insignia</a> would be nice. As long at the black armor people get one too.

The aliens should also get a different look (maybe red eyes).
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    I like the idea of a beta sleeve logo.
  • konatakonata Join Date: 2011-08-24 Member: 118296Members
    There's an obvious answer to this question.

no.
  • kaffaljidhmakaffaljidhma Join Date: 2011-07-14 Member: 110392Members
    Just cheese it out like every other fps and have an elite armor set be an xp reward, with the black armor being a less flashy but still different pre-order badge
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69952Members
    I think there should be rainbow colored armor for Beta Testers, kinda how we had to go through all those different colored emotional stages while playing the game. :P